VH1 Star Placed on Psychiatric Hold

12/10/2009 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

VH1 Star Placed on Psychiatric HoldMonica Danger -- who starred in the first season of VH1's "For the Love of Ray J" -- was taken in on a 5150 psychiatric hold earlier this month after an incident involving her newborn daughter.

TMZ spoke with Danger's rep, who told us the reality star had some personal issues as a result of postpartum depression and spent a week in a psychiatric hospital in Northern California.

We're told people close to Danger became concerned when she suddenly shaved off her hair -- a la Britney -- after an argument with her baby's father.

But Danger's rep tells us she's now out of the hospital and doing "fine" adding, "At this time we ask all of Danger's fans for support and prayer."

Janet

Well, like Kim Kardashian, ANYONE'S insane who wants to be loved by Ray-J!!!!!!!!

Let's just hope the baby is safe!

Karen

So sad.... Her career could have taken off in a better direction. She has terrible reps/managers. Get the help that you need girl, and fire everyone around you and go with A list management.

jaylow

that's ray-j's baby!!!

SoCal Razzles

SHA HAS FANS?! LMAO

Youvegottobekiddingme!

2 questions? 1. She has a rep? and 2. She has fans?
What a joke...Danger, neat nickname, I bet her superpower is to spread disease one homie at a time...

At least its not ray's

well from what I understand, this isn't ray j's baby moma, she's with Nick Cannon's brother-hence why tmz prolly linked it with stories about nick cannon and mariah carey. But she is crazy.

KTL

"DANGER, SHE SMASHED THA HOMMIE" WOW SHE HAS FANS??? WHO WOULDA THUNK IT??? HUM...

Crazyazz

Danger hang in there girl think like jayz n be on to the next 1 lol.. n f all these haters

priscilla

first of all these people who do reality tv and shows add more stress to themselves then anything else danger knowing that she was prego should not have went on the show she should of stayed at home and took care of her self so i think she just needs to take it easy relax and just enjoy life you only live once there is no reason to dwell on the past just move on and be happy congradulations on the new baby danger keep your head up girl

Courage

Memo to all you idiots who seem to believe that I was referring to only non-whites as ignorant skanks who crank out kids willy-nilly: I believe the same thing about all the uneducated, unemployed white women who do it, too. But now that you've brought it up, it is WAY more prevalent in the black and Hispanic communities. (Look it up if you doubt me.) Unfortunately, for all ethnicities, having babies is not the road to riches - UNLESS you can bag a stupid-as-you-are sports figure or the like. By the way, the big money stars are not sucking taxpayer dollars out of the rest of us to bring up their bastards.

Pattyfree

Yep she has fans, I am one. I love the show, yes my life is boring and without drama so I watch these shows over the soaps. I also read, just haven't picked up a good book in the last year.

Based on her recent video, she seems to be doing fine. She says Gabriel is he soul mate, so I guess they patched things up again. The trouble is, in my opinion, I think that if she continues to try to fit a square peg into a round hole, he edges will just get rougher.

Monica is in love with Ray J. Gabriel may be her soul mate and baby's father but I think he knows whats real and that keeps getting in the way.

She should have gotten back with Ray. I think she is allowing society's judging her get to her, which was something she would have never done prior to hormones. If she didn't, her and Ray would be living happily ever after with her baby and move on to have more children with a man that loves her for who she is.

I don't think she's crazy. Most people that are contrast to our society are viewed as crazy. Everyone on this planet is a little crazy, it's just a matter of the level.

Kloveme

I feel sorry for her.
She really, really, really
crave attention and post
partum is verrrrry serious-tmz
Who the hell is nick cannon's
brother?
I really think she wish she was Mariah not
cause she's with nick's brother but because she put a tattoo on her face. Why she cut her hair again? I hope she live good off that money.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3