« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nike to Tiger: We'll Await Your Return

12/12/2009 10:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nike has a clear message for Tiger Woods -- hurry back.

Just hours after Tiger announced his indefinite break from golf, his biggest sponsor was already talking about his triumphant return.

TMZ spoke with a rep for Nike, who told us, "Tiger has been part of Nike for more than a decade. He is the best golfer in the world and one of the greatest athletes of his era. We look forward to his return to golf. He and his family have Nike's full support."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

AZ

I hope it's not too late to take back the Nike outfit I bought for my niece last month for Christmas.

Dog

Nike supports adultery and sweatshops!

ade

WHITE PEOPLE IF YOU HATE TIGER SO MUCH WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING THIS STORY--SHOULDN'T YOU BE DISGUSTED..LOL

lovemj

Oh snap! i know this don't sit well with some of you. good for Nike!

Elizabeth

NO.. WHAT NIKE SAID WAS .."WE'LL AWAIT YOUR RETURN" CLASS ACT! YEAH, I KNOW WHAT TIGER DID WAS BELOW ANYTHING I COULD EVER UNDERSTAND.. ELIN IS BEYOND BEUITFUL!SO WHY? HE HAS ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS, AND IF ELIN CAN FORGIVE HIM.. WITH ALL RESPECT I THINK I CAN TOO..YEAK HE FOOLED ME, BUT I THINK I CAN FORGIVE. HE NEEDS TO MAKE IT RIGHT WITH HIS WIFE. SHE HAS TO COME NUMBER 1, THEN THE CHILDREN, BUT FIRST GOD, IF YOU KEEP IT IN THAT ORDER, MR. WOODS YOUR ON THE RIGHT PATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dog

Boycott Nike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later

Boycott Nike!

bobbyozone

the only nike product i think i've ever had was a jacket i found in a laundermat. it looked clean so i picked it up off the floor. it was kinda nice, but looked like something for a woman, so i never wore it. i never found any random, hot, tramp who was willing to trade it for sex with either, so i eventully threw it away.

anyway... i'm thinking nike told him to announce he was taking a break so nike could make this announcement.

Steve

Tiger has "Adidas" tattooed on the side of his weenie when its hard...only problem is when its soft it says "AIDS"
ELIN RUN!!!

cbaugh

What else will Nike do with all their excess inventory? They think that by standing by him we will keep buying. Who wants to buy Nike games for their children this Christmas? Not me.

dave

I thought Nike would say that. But I bet they will renegotiate all his contracts at a much lower value. I would have dropped him. I think for him to keep his secret life like that was just too much. What kind of message does this send to America. You can screw around with dozens of women while your wife is pregnant and still keep all your contracts and America will love you even more when you make your triumphant return.

mike

Hey if you read some golfers comments elin may have known about it but turned a cold shoulder cause of the lifestyle he gave her. now what?

Deep Digger

nike made so much money from tiger. and as history shows, athletes usually make a comeback, maybe not as good as past. if he does not make $100M, he will make $50M and that would be enough for nike.

but, his other sponsors are not making much money and headache is not worthed. so, they can drop him now and pick him back up later once things are distant memory and tiger starts to win again.

AZ

18. Okay , where are all the whitedevils to show yet again their outrage on this new headlines--

Posted at 9:43PM on Dec 11th 2009 by whitedevils

Tiger you need to get off this board and start spending some time with Elin and the kids!

Steve

Most of their sales are this time of year. They can drop him after everyones wallet go dry.