« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nike to Tiger: We'll Await Your Return

12/12/2009 10:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nike has a clear message for Tiger Woods -- hurry back.

Just hours after Tiger announced his indefinite break from golf, his biggest sponsor was already talking about his triumphant return.

TMZ spoke with a rep for Nike, who told us, "Tiger has been part of Nike for more than a decade. He is the best golfer in the world and one of the greatest athletes of his era. We look forward to his return to golf. He and his family have Nike's full support."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mary

Stop talking badly of Nike (first class) and continue to support their products and this critical marketing decision as it is an AMERICAN company out of Oregon.

iforget

Boycott Nike!

Just do it!

jayc

So Nike supports Cheetah & can't wait for Cheetah to return to golf.

In the meantime, Nike announces a new partnership with Cadillac and will be supplying a 3-iron and sand wedge with every new Escalade. Nike Drivers that pull to the left and hook to the right will come with the premium handling package.

Fred

Good! Enough is enough people. The man f-ed up, true. He cheated, BIG, true. Did he sexually abuse kids, murder someone, torture and kill animals, or ruin thousands of lives through a Ponzi scheme or other fraud? NO! Get a grip. We get it, you hate the man for whatever reason and I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with his infidelity. That just gives you a convenient excuse to run your yap. If you don't want to buy Nike, then go buy your Adidas and shut the hell up. All the empty threats aren't necessary and Nike knows they are just that. And that's why they just gave you a big fat middle finger to the forehead. GOOD FOR NIKE!!! I will buy nothing BUT Nike now. I can appreciate a company that doesn't cave in like a yellow-bellied coward to people simply because they run their trap and try to bully their will onto others. This man has done NOTHING to affect me or my family, so why should I boycott a product? That's just stupid. If you feel THAT morally superior, then abandon all of this wordly crap and go live in a cave somewhere. That money in your pocket has more sin, death, and evil associated wit it than anything else in this world, but I don't ever see anyone abandoning filthy money. It's amazing how people love to chest pump and pontificate until you call them out. Go whine in the Reebok or Adidas line, better yet, British Knights. LOL

Brittney

OK, no more Nike crap for me, my wife or my 3 sons - all the old ones are now my Rottweilers' toys.

Chew on, boys...

who dat

Of course Nike awaits his return they are whores. Any company that would exploit young children in a sweat shop has no morals.

I can just imagine the Nike boardroom meeting. People, this isn't even bad. All Tiger did was bang 20-30 whores and have crazy sex on ambien. Just think of all the kids around the world we exploit for profit who need Tiger for a job.

ade

BUT WHY ARE WHITE PEOPLE SO MAD AT TIGER FOR!! ALMOST LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A MAN CHEATING BEFORE!!! HELL, YOU VOTE FOR THEM REPEATEDLY DURING ELECTIONS--

BLACJ PEOPLE ARE HARDLY INTERESTED IN THIS STORY, CAUSE WE GENERALLY RESPECT PEOPLE'S PRIVACY...

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO ANGRY, IS IT SOMETHING ELSE?

Lex_436

I just contacted some of my friends and we are going to gather our Nike stuff, burn it and post it on YouTube!!!!

THE Golfer

"We await his triumphant return." Translation: "Pleeeeeeeeeazze come back, we're losing millions!!" Hard to imagine Tiger returning any time soon. Where's a guy that's recognizable in every part of the world go to escape the media?

Nenato5

NIKE will regret their decision--it will hurt their business to stand by Tiger.

Common Sense

tiger says he will take an "indefinite break" from golf. come on fools! he's just playing us all again. he'll take a few months off, which he would have to anyways because of the bad publicity, and then he'll be out there playing golf and screwing whores again.

PolarBear

Tiger is a sleeze and a user and that's not going to change. Nike is a jungle sweatshop user and that's not going to change.

Stop buying anything related to either Tiger Woods or Nike!

NO LOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

This just in....
Nike announces free Ambien with each shoe purchase. Their new campaign is "you have to be on drugs to support Tiger and Nike". I have to admit, it makes sense.

PolarBear

That Nike comes out totally supporting the Cheetah with relentless praise shows what sort of predatory unethical bastards Nike have running their corporate offices.

STOP BUYING ANYTHING FROM NIKE!!!!!!

NO LOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me

I won't be buying any more Nike products until Tiger is dropped and I hope you won't either. Tiger is not a role model and he doesn't deserve Nike's support. Shame on Nike for not dropping Tiger already.