Brian Setzer Collapses in Concert, Hospitalized

12/15/2009 2:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brian Setzer Collapses in Concert, HospitalizedUPDATE: A rep for Setzer tells TMZ "Brian Setzer was briefly hospitalized in Albuquerque, NM last night after a combination of dehydration, high altitude, and vertigo made him unable to continue his performance at the Isleta Casino after several songs. Setzer has completely recovered and will perform tonight."

Brian Setzer
has been discharged from a New Mexico hospital after reportedly collapsing during a concert last night.

According to KOB.com, Setzer -- leader of the Brian Setzer Orchestra -- was two songs into his set at the Isleta Casino when he walked off stage appearing "shakey" ... and immediately collapsed off-stage.

TMZ has learned Setzer was rushed to Heart Hospital of New Mexico -- but he's since been discharged.

Setzer is set to perform in Phoenix, AZ tonight -- so far, that show is still set to go on as planned.

80's Gal

This man is a genius. Hope it's nothing serious.

Kyle

Actually, he was about 4 or 5 songs in (about 24 minutes) in. He gave some impromptu solos to band members, sat down on the floor, which seemed to be part of the act. Got up, said "how about this amazing band" then walked off stage. The band sat there for about 10 minutes then played an extended version of "Chattanooga Cho Cho" and left the stage. We were told there'd be a 10 minute break...which lasted 40 minutes. Then the announcer came out and said Brian had been taken to the hospital for a "medical condition" and we'd all get refunds.

Jason

hope he's feeling better, I have tickets for wednesday night. been looking foraward to this show all year.

aquanet

I just saw him last week. His christmas show has become a ne family tradition. Its always great and he is an insane guitar player! Best wished to him. He's a great guy. Never heard a bad word about him!

Why

who the hell is he? and why should i care?

Wombat

5. who the hell is he? and why should i care?

Posted at 10:50AM on Dec 15th 2009 by Why

-------------------------------------------------------------------
He is the former frontman for a rock group called "Stray cats"...he is a real good person, a fantastic musician, a man who is loved.

You however, are a childish twit and a mindless idiot.

Glory Bee

Brian, best wishes luv. Brilliant and such a gentleman. Asked me for a dance at Little Nashville Club back in the 80s. Escorted me back to my table, sent me a drink, and didn't resort to any come-ons. He understood that sometimes a girl really IS there for the music. A fine man.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Awww, I hope he has good health now... I love him and his music!

leslie

He is a genious, his devotion to his craft is amazing! The Setzer Orchestra is always a sound that will make me feel glad to be alive!

leslie

A wonderful man and a wonderful musician. He is a real showman. When musicians think highly of you and are honored to play with you that says something. I pray he gets the best healthcare and gets well soon.

El Perro

who the hell is he? and why should i care?

Posted at 10:50AM on Dec 15th 2009 by Why

Why are you reading and posting about someone that you are ignorant of? What a moron.

doctorme

Oh no, sad news. I hope he recovers.

Loved the Stray Cats... love the Brian Setzer Orchestra. "Jump, Jive, an' Wail" is still a favorite on my iPod.

Truly a great musician!

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way, Brian.

timtim

Hang in there Brian, you'll be better soon. Should we be calling in Dr. House or is your condition rather on the well known side??
You gotta keep ROCKING THIS TOWN man, the world needs you on those Lonely Summer Nights.

Poindexter

I hope he's okay. Dude still rocks and is one of the best guitarists alive.

charley hardman