« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

CBS Golf Announcer: I'll Get Fired If I Talk Tiger

12/15/2009 11:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods' name is golf announcer poison -- at least according to one CBS sportscaster who fears losing his job if he talks about golf's biggest story on the air.

CBS Golf Announcer

Ian Baker-Finch -- former PGA golfer-turned-announcer -- told the Sydney Morning Herald yesterday, "Mate, if I say one word about Tiger, I will get fired."

TMZ called CBS for comment -- but so far, they're not talkin' either.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Ewww, ick

I've just retained Gloria Allred too... I'm not a whore, but I want my own show, photo spread in a trashy magazine, and a clothing line.

Bubbletrupms

1st!!!!

Bubbletrupms

I want to feed you pimento loaf until you beg for mercy, please, no more pimento loaf.

oh yeah

Awww elin is so beautiful. The most beautiful wife that money can buy. To all the white people commenting on elin’s beauty, it obviously wasn’t enough to keep her husband from straying. She should learn how to satisfy her husband in bed. And another thing she will be as wrinkled as a prune very soon. I am tired of seeing these good looking white men married to women who look old enough to be their mother. They look like Barbie dolls when they are young but by the time they hit forty the beauty is gone.

Bryan

I have heard this is common among sports announcers right now..but also much of sports media are keeping mum on this topic because even before the scandal...access to Tiger was so limited, reporters never wanted to lose their limited acceess, so they kept quiet...even after all these years of knowing about Tiger behind the scenes.

Now you have reporters who dont' want to talk..because when Tiger comes back...he will be even MORE limited and they don't want to kill the only opportunity they might have to talk with him..maybe 2010.

Soso

You are an Hyprocite already hein... You should shut up! What do you mean by " IF I SAY ONE WORD THEY WILL FIRE ME" mr Baker? Do u need also attention?
You got it already so I will be happy if they fire your pig ass

oh yeah

Oh boohoo…. poor elin. Elin is a very smart woman. Black women must learn from these white women. Love with your head not your heart. Elin worked as a nanny at a place where she was destined to be introduced to wealthy golfers. She realized that none of the white ones were going to marry her as quickly as poor tiger so she settled for him. She couldn’t perform certain acts in bed with a man she was not in love with so he found other women to do the job

Chris Rock

Who would like to punch me ?

go away

Done like dinner

john

My favorite line of story is CBS has no comment! WHY WOULD THEY???? Ian Baker-Finch wors for ABC!!!!!!! You guys are entertainment info?

anurag

leave him alone. why everyone is taking interest in his personal life.
know your past

oprah

8. Oh boohoo…. poor elin. Elin is a very smart woman. Black women must learn from these white women. Love with your head not your heart. Elin worked as a nanny at a place where she was destined to be introduced to wealthy golfers

Posted at 9:58AM on Dec 15th 2009 by ok

WELL SAID...

The Running Back

Hey guys you all ran a funny ad on your Xmas show two years ago. It showed Santa Clause losing control of his sleigh and crashing into the Hollywood sign. Please run this year.

Bobertbobert

The Emperor has no clothes, he's as naked as the day he was born.

oprah

Elin seemed happy the other day while pumping gas...I don't think all these have affected her much as she also did not love Tiger. Her outburst on Thanksgiving was probably out of spite jealosy to Tiger being the "wife" in all

we should all forget about all these low lives, gold digging, nymphos and Hos, and concentrate in our own lives and this freaking government that is ruining us all

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments