Alleged Extortionist Worried He'd Be Offed

12/16/2009 2:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Letterman's alleged extortionist worried that someone might kill him in retaliation for peddling his screenplay about the sexual escapades of the late night host ... at least that's the story of Robert Halderman.

David Letterman Alleged Extortionist

In conversations secretly-taped by law enforcement, the CBS "48 Hours" producer said, "Should I be fired mysteriously... if my house burns down ... any number of things .... I have no idea who or what he is or is capable of, someone might decide the only way to be sure I never talk to anybody is for somebody to kill me."

Halderman's lawyer, Gerald Shargel, claims his client wasn't extorting Letterman ... he was just giving Dave the right of first refusal on a screenplay "relating to Letterman's poor conduct."

Elvis

What a doofus.

Cali MJ Fan

Honestly, who cares. He is just trying to keep his name in the public eye and more importantly that he has a script for sale.

Ziggy

Heah Robert, what are in you in prison for? I tried to cash a phony $2 million dollar check by blackmailing David Letterman. Oh yeah, now bend over and take my manhood like a bitch. Owww, my ass hurts!! Guard, I'm being raped!! Please HELP me!! Laughter, because no one cares about a scheming goofball's "first time" in the big house.

Meanwhile, David Letterman returns to his beautiful mansion and enjoys another pleasurable dinner and spends the evening with his family. La de da, life is good!!!

Inny

Valley of the Dolls by Jacquelin Susan was based on ...

Ethel Merman..played by Susan Hayward,in the movie and

Judy Garland..played by Patti Duke, in the movie.

Stories are written about actual people but the names are changed.

This has always happened in the past and present time.

If you write something that is factual...

and I mean factual...

and you want to make a book or movie out of it...you can.

Understand?

If you're writting about me...I can pay off the writer from getting that book published.

Look at Oprah. Wasn't her father doing to write a book?

Sooo...where's his book?

Bob Barnett

First execute him
Then execute his lawyer

humm

one uses the screen to play with young girls, the other writes a screenplay about it, nice couple.

boysnberrys

If this guy was smart he would have hired a lawyer (maybe gloria allred) and announced a press conference. He would have received millions from dave, called off the press conf and been sucking maitais in the bahamas.

Disgusting

Letterman is yet another stealth sleaze hiding behind a phony nice guy image, with no shame, just a smug grin and arrogance.

Homer

gap-toothed dork = good, blackmailing beardo = bad.