Melanie Griffith:

Bruise was from Cancer Surgery

12/17/2009 6:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

There's a scary explanation for the bruise that appeared this week under Melanie Griffith's right eye -- the actress claims it was the result of a surgical procedure to remove early stages of skin cancer from her face.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
But there's good news: Melanie's rep said the procedure was performed in time to prevent any further complications.

michael

SHE FELL

Marcus

I hope she gets well soon... too much sun, maybe? I'd rather stay inside and dance!

mia

Dennis, I just had Botox injections and I most definitely had a few of them under my eyes. It helps to stop the crinkling when the cheeks are pushed up from smiling.

I believe Griffith's explanation. I've had a few moles removed from my face. The physician injected anesthetic prior to removing the moles, and I had some bruising from the injections. I get a bit of bruising from my Botox injections too.

mia

I doubt Melanie's bruising is from Botox injections. The needle they use for Botox is extremely fine. She might have little spots of bruising but not one big mass. Also, it's a given that any actress over the age of 30 is using Botox. No need for Melanie to hide that.

I thought maybe she had filler injections, but I would expect to see bruising under both eyes, not just one.

I believe her skin cancer explanation.

Kay

I think Melanie looks great. She let those awful, inflated lips go down and she isn't as bony as she was. Way to go, girl!

X************X

12. # 7 comment- YOU DON'T HAVE BOTOX UNDERNEATH YOUR EYES SILLY.

Posted at 6:35PM on Dec 17th 2009 by Dennis C
_________________________________________________________________
Well, we all have had them around our eyes...probably just not common / familiar to your trailer park crowd.

Sparticus

Hey you there ? white skank ! I am Tiger Woods. You wanna f898989cjkl??

mia

Melanie's not orange enough for Tige. He likes that fake bake look.

SNAPPLETEA

I was never a fan of hers but if this is the truth then I hope she caught it in time, I lost a dear friend to this disease, she was only 43 with two young children and I would not want anyone else to go through what she endured.

Martin

Wow! She looks 60.

Totally different class than Nicole Kidman as far as the longevity department goes....

very sad......A Hollywood car wreck.

Mary

Some people bruise more easily than others, and she would never deceive others by saying she was bruised due to some skin cancer removal if it were not true.

She's been through a lot with her substance abuse and addiction throughout the years. Although I think she looks great, imagine what she would have looked like without the experience of healing addiction in this lifetime. Antonio loves Melanie....

unknown

michael, the burden of proof relies on specifics that remain unchanged throughout deposition.
She fell into a doorknob in the master bedroom.
Then I slapped her for being a clumsy biotch.
No really, best to her and everyone in her family.
Say hey to Tippie for me.
Agggh, these confounded birds!
You would think the large cat population at Shalamar, or whatever it's called would reduce the population of these flying rat pigeons!
No! Not on the convertable! At least let me put the top up!
Iee CARUMBA!

SALLY

Poor thing she looks absolutely terrible. Is she still married to Antonio Banderus (SP?)
Looks like she still on the drugs

X************X

____________________________________________________________________
Really?? When Suzanne Sommers got busted emerging from the liposuction clinic a few years back, she and her publicists quickly came up with her sad breast cancer story -- how she had a little nip and tuck to undo all the "damage" the biopsies and subsequent surgery did. Funny, no one had heard a word about her cancer prior to them. Puleeze.... They will do WHATEVER it takes to look good and if that requires lying their butts off, they do.

decompressu

What is the reason for those ugly Octo-Mom lips?!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments