Officials:

Weed a Factor in

Lil' Wayne Incident

12/18/2009 8:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lil' Wayne was rollin' through Texas with marijuana on multiple tour buses, this according to the U.S. Border Patrol.

1218_lil_wayne_tour_bus_ex3-1
Border Patrol agents tell TMZ a random search of the vehicles (pictured above) uncovered a pot stash on two buses -- but we're told no drugs were found on Wayne's person ... or anyone else in the entourage.

Officials tell us a drug-sniffing K-9 unit picked up the scent outside the bus. Agents then walked the dogs onto the bus, where they located the weed.

As we first reported, Wayne and 11 members of his entourage are being detained at an internal B.P. checkpoint in southern Texas.

So far, no arrests have been made.

UPDATE 8:39 PM ET -- We're told Lil' Wayne's concert tonight at the Laredo Entertainment Center in Laredo, TX. has been postponed. The general manager of the venue tells us they decided to cancel the show because Lil' Wayne didn't show and they couldn't get in touch with him or his people.

cosmo in texas

Stop playing the black race card, it's way too old. If I, as anyone got caught with pot , we pay the consequences Why does every thing have to to be about fair treatment of "african americans". You are NOT the only ethnics in this nation.

Ron G

Don't much like this guy. Seems like he can't keep his head down and now he'll pay.

Can't help but wondering how many illegals snuck in while they were investigating a pot smoking rapper, not too many I hope.

Karolein

Doesn't CBP have anything better to do? Finding pot on Lil Wayne's bus is like finding your nose - it's very likely (still) there.

alainea bobbit

I have a medical marijuana card!For neck and back pain.I can legally have 2.5 ounces and grow 12 plants plus 12 fully mature plants. Lil Wayne said in an interview that he smokes medical marijuana. However although mary j is legal for me its only legal in a house. I cant even smoke in my own yard..which is kind of stupid. Even though a tour bus is a vehicle isnt it also considered Lil waynes temporary home? As long as he sits way in the back of the tour bus and doesnt drive it himself he shouldnt be arrested. Then again I dont think Texas has legalized medical marijuana. Im not really sure about going from state to state claiming medical marijuana rights. Thats why I dont leave RI.

Rob...

i live close to that check point...... the local news has video of everything going down..... maybe tmz can email me for a copy to put on there show or web site.....

WE WANT LIL'WAYNE

imogen

And booze a factor in 99% of the other avoidable traffic accidents. What's the point? None

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4