Video of Shane Sparks' Arrest

12/18/2009 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Cameras were rolling when police arrested "America's Best Dance Crew" judge Shane Sparks this morning for alleged child molestation.

Shane Sparks: Click to watch
FOX 11 was there when Sparks, who was also a choreographer on "So You Think You Can Dance," was cuffed at his North Hollywood home and hauled off to Van Nuys jail -- where he's being held on $590,000 bail.

As TMZ first reported, Sparks is charged with 8 acts of alleged molestation with an underage girl.

Loves Christmas

I found this on the internet. It is the California Statute of Limitations.

What remains is a 10 year statute of limitations for child molestation. HOWEVER, the crime can also be prosecuted within one year of WHENEVER a victim tells the police (even past the 10 year mark). This sounds rather contradictory, because this means that the 10 year limitation is essentially pointless, but it is the current law of the land. The California legislature is constantly debating about this, so the law may change in the near future. You should talk to a California attorney familiar with these cases for the most up to date information.

JEW486

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FttBNNE1fJM this guy is a SICK A$$! I SHOULD HAVE KNOW! he has NEVER BEEN PICTURED OR REPORTED WITH A REAL GF!

Mamoo

That’s exactly what I was thinking that allot of black males are sure blowing up TMZ news lately…by the way I’m a Black woman and it’s like there’s allot of freaky Black People out here. I’m just saying…. I guess their just trying to fit in....

shirliana

MAN...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??????????????????????? I HAD RESPECT FOR YOU **************BUT NO MORE ********************.
YOU ARE SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeAnn

The court papers show his real birth year (1969) NOT 1974. Which makes him 25 yrs old when it happened and the girl 15 NOT 10 yrs. old.

NickSunset

Check out that new White Judge if he doesn't have kids in his cellar I would be shocked.

Monique

Ummm, I've known Shane, by the way his real name is, Melvin, since 1999...he's got a thing for underage girls and he's much older than you all realize. I'm not surprised at all.

r00t4rd3d

LOL pedophile !

Im sure the little slut wanted it just as bad as he did.

JR

America's Best Dance Crew is in talks with Paula Abdul to fill his spot.

femonanon

ess
see
you
emm

offcrgentleman

"I'm goin' to jail?? Wait, let me grab my doo-rag."

kathleen

people that keep saying she is 15 need to read the docs it says in all of of them she is UNDER 14 which is sick.

RJ

1997?!?! Not trying to justify such behavior but why is this just now coming out??? I wonder what kind of evidence they have after all this time...It's not like texting and emailing was as popular back then then it is now. Very unfortunate for him and the young lady he is accused of molesting. I'm just so shocked that it happened 12 years ago.

balls

KOOKYTIME BOYS AND GIRLS.............

Lake

Listen guys, he is charged with molestation; he is not charged with "alleged molestation." LOL!!!! you can't be charged with an alleged, if you're charged, it means you're charged. it doesn't mean you're GUILTY, but it means you're charged. now, if someone only ALLEGED that he was charged, that would be different. but no, he was charged.
save space!