Murphy Sick and Vomiting Just Before She Died

12/21/2009 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany MurphyBrittany Murphy was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and died, sources tell TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taking prescription meds for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days. We're told Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very ill.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home -- written for Brittany Murphy, husband Simon Monjack, and Brittany's mom. One source says, "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

We're also told authorities did not find illegal drugs in the house, but Murphy was definitely taking various prescription meds.

Sources say her condition and the meds could have triggered a heart attack, but it's too early to know. An autopsy will be performed Monday or Tuesday. We reported earlier Monjack did not want an autopsy but ultimately it's the Coroner's call.

Brittany MurphyAs we first reported, Brittany Murphy's mother told paramedics her daughter suffered from diabetes. We're told it was type 2 diabetes and people involved in the case doubt her condition caused her death.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

spiderman

Heres one thats sad but true!I met Brittany and she was one of the Sweetest people that I ever met!She told me (I do;nt know Spiderman,I;m so tired!This was after the Happy Feet after party!If did;nt have Certain people that were involved in screwing my life around and trying to keep me down and out and broke no matter how hard I work ,I would have gotten together with Brittany and I would have been more help to her than that guy she married!She would still have been alive today!She really seemed to sincerly like me!And the only reason that I did not ask her if she;d like to get together sometime,is because I was barely stayin alive myself!And in case anyone would like to know the truth! I've probably been the hardest workig Actor,Model,Streetperformer in thee entire world for the last six years!I've posed for more hours in the most difficult poses than anyone in the world!I just wish that some producer or director would come and find me and give me my big break!Sincerly:GregoryA.Marzec ~ Spiderman ~ TheChicagoKid!I'm thinkin of an old song called "Misty Blue"As I think of Sweet Brittany! Oh Yes Its Sad But True,Thinking Of You Turns My Whole World Sweet Misty Blue !Love Al;ways ~ TheChicagoKid ~ !

Gringo

It sounds like to me she went hypo-glycemic which would cause her to be disassociated, vomit, and all those other things that happened to her.
If she did go hypo-glycemic all she would have to do is eat some fruit (the glucose in the fruit would make her sugar levels to rise to normal.

what

Wat tmz no tiger news?

Kristen

So Sad...

jandean61

MECO IS SAD

ang

its so sad..and no one truly knows what killed her yet...but reguardless the cause, there should not be negative comments written about someone dying so young..soo many heartless people out there, guess your mothers neverhugged you as a child

Susan

Our thoughts & prayers are with her family during this most difficult time.
RIP Brittany!

justSAYIN

Drugs? H1N1? its just sad to see such a funny person go so early RIP...

tlc41

Its very tragic. She was so young and I hear a real sweet person. It's a sad day.

what

Whats tiger up to tmz? Wait TMZ loves hot off the press stories.

jen

Type 2 diabetes is caused from being overweight. Type 1 an autoimmune disease. So I doubt she had diabetes. Just sad story. I'm sure the ugly details will come out soon!

King of TMZ

Michael Jackson is the only reason why we visit TMZ!
so more Michael Jackson news please!

Stacy

SWINE FLU?!?!?!

pie

Brittany must have been "rolling with the homies" right before she died.

deez s

wow my father had flu like symptoms vomitted then went into cardiac arrest also but his was caused by something in the pancreas bleeding out he was diabetic so whoknows maybe she had H1N1 or her diabetes wait and see I thought maybe another hollywood od I hope not she was very talented very sad

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments