Murphy Sick and Vomiting Just Before She Died

12/21/2009 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany MurphyBrittany Murphy was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and died, sources tell TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taking prescription meds for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days. We're told Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very ill.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home -- written for Brittany Murphy, husband Simon Monjack, and Brittany's mom. One source says, "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

We're also told authorities did not find illegal drugs in the house, but Murphy was definitely taking various prescription meds.

Sources say her condition and the meds could have triggered a heart attack, but it's too early to know. An autopsy will be performed Monday or Tuesday. We reported earlier Monjack did not want an autopsy but ultimately it's the Coroner's call.

Brittany MurphyAs we first reported, Brittany Murphy's mother told paramedics her daughter suffered from diabetes. We're told it was type 2 diabetes and people involved in the case doubt her condition caused her death.

troyallen

I am diabetic. I hope the pills I am talking doesn't do the same thing.

TEAMBRANCA

IGNORE THIS POST PLANT BY MONJACKS PEOPLE

Posted at 11:36PM on Dec 20th 2009 by josee

***********************************

Brittany was NOT jewish she was raised baptist and considered herself nondenominational. She NEVER converted to Judaism and likely observed a little to appease her husband. There are UNCONFIRMED reports her grandmother was jewish. AN AUTOPSY must be performed.

Suppose it is some wierd virus like Hantavirus rather than more nefarious causes (clanbutrol/RX meds abuse/cocaine/anorexia-bulemia). When a 32 yo dies of unknown causes it must be investigated. Judaism does NOT prohibit autopsy's indicated by secular law. Although disturbing to contemplate the autopsy of a loved one MOST people would want an answer to the unexpected death of a loved one.

RIP Brittany

Lonnie Craig

Brittny Murphy?
As a Medical researcher with Army CDC- Iv recently discovered that (flu-shots) of anykind are more dangerous to "diabetics" than (non-diabetics) due to the poor recovery rate of diabetics who's natural immune system is always below the common "immunity scale". Brits death was un-intential death due to the doctor who ignored the fact of her "diabetic condition."

Denise

Another tragic Hollywood death.When will the madness stop?My prayers to her family.

Anonymous Bitch

It was probably a deadly mix of a narcotic and Valium. When are people going to learn you CANNOT MIX THE TWO! If you have narcotics in your system and ingest Valium or Xanax on top of it, your respiratory system will shut down. Same goes for adding alcohol to the mix.

I know from personal experience.

Cheryl Shuman

God bless you Brittany, you are already tremendously loved and missed.

Respectfully,
Cheryl Shuman
Executive Director
Beverly Hills NORML90210

Anonymous Bitch

Here's another scenario - maybe she was recovering from a recent cosmetic surgery and experienced a post surgical pulmonary embolism.

troyallen

There are no insensitive comments here. People are just surprised to hear that a 32 year old actress just dies of a heart problem.

TEAMBRANCA

I have the "Em"side *scoop* on HOW/WHY She GOT FIRED from *the 'CALL'er flick*...

First, Her and Her FAKE/FONY/FRAUDULENT SKUM-jackA$$ "husband"* MISSED THE FLIGHT to SJU (PR) TWICE because they [quote] "...didn't pack their sh!t on time" so they missed THAT flight. Then once they FINALLY DID get to the airport (booked on an'OTHER' AA flight) they were REFUSED BOARDING
because SKUM-jack* was "Em"coherent and visibly *drugged-up* on MEDS.. to which *SKUM-jack* told an FA that [*he*] 'JUST' got into a fight w/ [*his* FAKE "wife"] Britt"... but then Britt said to the FA that [Her *FAKE "husband" SKUM-jack*] "...was on meds because [*he*] had an "Em"jured knee and that *it* got "Em"fected... etc". Ya I know... what a LIE from Britt. But regardless... the captain could NOT let them board until *SKUM-jack* "sobered up". So they were AGAIN BUMPED onto an'OTHER' flight... then the FIRST DAY on the set in PR... *SKUM-jack* started "Em"terfering w/ the cast and crew.. kept stopping the director and bossing everyone else around... to the which the director then told *SKUM-jack* to "Get The F*ck Out" but *SKUM-jack* refused. Then after only FIVE HOURS on the set the director got FED UP and told BOTH *SKUM-jack* AND Britt to GTFO and LEAVE THE SET. Then the director "Em"mediately called Rachelle LeFevre, and she was cast and booked on a flight into PR the next day. Keep in mind this was some time BEFORE THANKSGIVING and Britt did not leave until Saturday... so She and *SKUM-jack* were said to have stayed in PR because they were going to sabatoge the set. And around that time was when the alleged "scuffle" w/ the local 'Ricans took place...

... now, on the well-PUBLICIZED flight BACK to LAX... *SKUM-jack* was AGAIN de"Emed "Em"coherent to fly... but they boarded them anyway. Then some time during the flight *SKUM-jack* lost "consciousness" and Britt subsequently LIED to the FA's AGAIN... 'TELL'ing them that *SKUM-jack* "... was 'JUST' having an asthma attack and that [*he'd*] be okay". But the "disbelieving" captain radioed LAX and dispatched paramedics, who were waiting at the terminal when the flight landed... and the REST "is" *history*...

rick

80. Maybe because she knew her mother was coming to visit she tried to quit narcotics cold turkey. Or she could have switched to methadone and relapsed while on it. Or maybe the methadone killed her. Remember Daniel Smith vomiting before he died?

I know from personal experience.

Posted at 12:37AM on Dec 21st 2009 by Silly Rabbits

81. I've known Brittany Murphy since I worked with her on Clueless and continued to be acquainted with her over the past several years. She is a lovely young woman, full of grace, kindness and was a ray of sunshine on every movie set or charity event that I've ever encountered with her. I'm deeply saddened and shocked by her death. I'm also angry at the insensitive comments left by some anonymous people accusing her of drug use. Brittany has died of natural causes and has had health issues in the past with asthma and diabetes from my understanding. I would ask that people be respectful of the family, especially her fantastic mother, Sharon. My prayers go out to Brittany and her loved ones during this horrible tragedy.

God bless you Brittany, you are already tremendously loved and missed.

Respectfully,
Cheryl Shuman
Executive Director
Beverly Hills NORML90210

Posted at 12:43AM on Dec 21st 2009 by Cheryl Shu

Shut the F up you dont know anyone.

Beth

Diabetes definitely COULD have caused her death. My ex husband passed away last January from diabetes...his ketones were through the roof and his blood sugar was over 600. Official cause of death with him was a heart attack. So I don't know how people involved in the case here could doubt that unless they know for sure. Either way, my condolences go out to her mother and husband tonight.

Makenna

Posted at 12:43AM on Dec 21st 2009 by Cheryl Shu

Cheryl the police have already confirmed the house was loaded with prescription medication. No one knows the answers yet but with that information out there it's hard not to speculate that drugs might have been involved.

lilly

A sad shock! Was this a bad mix of prescription meds? That's unreal.
I always thought Brittany Murphy was one of the supercutest actresses out there (if not the supercutest actress). She was a special beauty. She was also very talented. I didn't follow all of her movies, but I liked her in that film with mike douglas, I think, it was. She was a laffy, sweet girl too. It's just a really sad shame. I wish her much peace and my prayers are with her family.

Madam Obvious

To Cheryl Shuman, yeah, right, I really believe you (not). Like we're all going to take the word of an illegal drugs activist.

Brittany had the look of someone who had thyroid disease to me. She had the typical look of someone suffering from Graves Disease -protruding eyes, bags beneath the eyes, pale, deathly thin, etc. Graves Disease, if untreated, can cause major damage to the heart.

Kat

to keeoui: Most people don't take prescription drugs because they want to feel a "buzz" as you call it, a lot of the time there is a real illnesss they are suffering from, seems a lot of hollywood has anxiety problems and part of that is not being able to sleep and depression being a by product and vice versa, it's a cycle and difficult to deal with, so they take it to feel somewhat "normal" and to function like most people, it doesn't matter how physically healthy you are, anyone can get to the point where they are not functioning depending the triggers in their life, count yourself lucky that you don't need to take anything, not saying that's what she was taking but don't be so quick to judge people just 'cause you can't relate to what they feel or just cause they take something you don't need, i don't know why most of hollywood has these problems, probably the pressure of being the best and to keep being employed, i don't know. We should not speculate until the Autopsy so don't be so quick to judge.