Michael Jackson's Music May Get Second Chance

12/21/2009 1:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's Music May Get Second ChanceMichael Jackson's estate executors want to breathe new life into an incredibly valuable asset -- the heavily-collateralized MIJAC Music Catalog.

The Catalog -- valued this year at around $100 million -- was used by Michael Jackson to secure at least two big loans.

According to legal docs obtained by TMZ, co-executors John Branca and John McClain have entered into negotiations with a bank to restructure the two loans with more favorable terms. The new terms could save the estate a fortune.

Krys

-A.B

Ok that makes since the post doesn't really explain but it sounds like they were trying to sell it which would be BAD lol.

Daphne Lorincz

"I found yet another error in the Opus. One part of the book says HIStory was released in 1996."

"Unfortunately I just found another error. There is a picture of MJ and the caption says it's him on stage in 1989 performing "Heal The World."

and more... "

http://calimjfan.blogspot.com for more info
Posted at 5:05PM on Dec 21st 2009 by Cali MJ Fan

I just received mine 2 days ago, and I haven't opened it yet as its my Xmas gift. I believe we r supposed to get only one glove, because this was how MJ wore it, just one. I paid Cdn$240 for it delivered by FedEx, & I ordered it thru Ticketmaster. I did receive an email from Opus re discrepancies, there is a # you could call. May be I should post that email.

Daphne Lorincz

It seems so far it only means they are trying to negotiate already existing loans that MJ had with better terms. For instance, if they have a loan with the catalog as security and have to pay 10% interest (I am making this up, just as an example), maybe they can renegotiate and only pay 8% interest. Much more complicated in reality, but I guess that's it.

Posted at 5:26PM on Dec 21st 2009 by A.B.

To A.B. did you hear about that article from the UK Express saying that record sales & profit from TII had paid off the bank debts. I don't understand why they r restructuring the loans? I thought the debts were paid off. I'm confused.

Daphne Lorincz

Dear customer,

We have received some calls from customers regarding the absence of the Opus Reality Card in the Opus and asking why there is only one glove included.

We took the decision to include just one white glove purely as a further tribute to Michael Jackson. The single white glove is an iconic and defining symbol of the man and his extraordinary career and we thought it only fitting to include just one glove with your Opus. We hope that this is an understandable decision.

Please be assured that the promised Opus Reality feature is very much part of the Opus offering, but we want to ensure that this is something only available to our customers. With that in mind, it has been decided that this should be offered through a secure and protected online forum. In the New Year, you will be provided with your own unique pass code to a secure area of the Opus web site. The Opus Reality trigger card will be available to download from the site and used to access footage that will be presented in a way that will hopefully provide you with a unique ‘Michael Jackson Experience’. The benefit of using this system is that it significantly reduces the possibility of non-Opus customers being able to access this experience.

We are committed to bringing you a selection of Opus Reality footage over the coming year with the first example ready for you before the end of January 2010.

We hope that this has helped to address these queries.

Have a great holiday.

Sincerely,

Opus Media Group.

customercare@michaeljacksonopus.com

Cali MJ Fan

Posted at 5:52PM on Dec 21st 2009 by Daphne Lorincz

Daphne,

When we ordered them back in August and September, the Opus was advertised as coming with TWO gloves. They sent that email as a further "tribute" because they were trying to save money, hoping his fans would think it was a tribute. Don't be buffaloed.

The PURPOSE of the gloves was (quote) "be worn whilst viewing your copy to help maintain its mint condition." All the other Opus books on other celebrities come with TWO. A tribute would have been 1 sequined glove, 1 non.

There's more than just the glove that's wrong with this.

Daphne Lorincz

here's more than just the glove that's wrong with this.

Posted at 6:20PM on Dec 21st 2009 by Cali MJ Fan

MJ Fan - I already posted the email from Opus & there is a # you could call. I don't know what exactly is inside my box from FedEx yet, but I know its the MJ Opus Book as the name was printed on the outside of the box. BTW, did u hear about that article from the UK Express last month re MJ's debts paid off from record sales & profit from This Is It. I dont understand why the executors were restructuring the loans, I thought they were paid off. I hope someone could help me understand the situation better. Thanks.
b

Cali MJ Fan

@Daphne,

You're sweet to offer that. I have already called Ticketmaster, and emailed Opus @ Ticketmaster directly 3 times. So have many others. No one is getting any answers.

And now the errors in the book--1 glove, and on and on.

Yes about paying of the debts. Here's 2 articles I found last month http://calimjfan.blogspot.com/2009/11/headline-fans-clear-michael-jacksons.html

It doesn't take care of all the lawsuits so I can see the need to still restructure. Remember something Michael didn't have before is a Judge watching over things. Thank goodness.

Happy Holidays to you!

MABEL

Never mind all the poison that distils you against Michael Jackson, those who want no change at all the feeling of love towards him.

a fan

to everyone concerned about your opus. i emailed opus directly and got a reply back within 4 hours of fedex tracking # etc. just do that if you have any questions.
can not wait for mine to arrive.
we will always love this man for all of the great entertainment he has done. he has set the bar an no one is even close to it and don't think anyone will every reach it.

love you always mj

the peoples court

31. Please...if this guy was a TOP EARNER the last few years, he wouldn't have ended up a broke ass bitch. He couldn't even afford the place in Vegas he was living in. And he couldn't write a song to save his life. Everything was written for him. You saw how he cranked out that song for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Still waiting for that one from this so-called great songwriter. The only thing this bitch could do was twirl on his toes, tip his hat, grab his crotch, and squeal "woo hoo"!! Big F**cking Deal!!

Posted at 5:15PM on Dec 21st 2009 by evil kitty

GREAT POST HERE

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

584. To the poster who said we would not do anything if we saw

MJ
molesting children: You know what, you're right! Because if MJ was
molesting kids, that could only mean that, for some reason that we
might not be able to understand, God determined that it was really
okay to molest kids. And like I said, we might not be able to
understand it, but MJ would not do anything wrong and God would not
guide MJ to do anything wrong. If MJ did it, it must be okay and it's
up to us then to try to understand why it's okay. MJ was a good man
the best man and he would not do anything wrong.
Posted at 11:45AM on Dec 20th 2009 by Julie
Read more:

chewi

That catalogue is worth about 1 billion not 100 million. It makes 78 million a year.

chewi

MJ wrote most of his songs obama sucks. Just check his albums.

chewi

Maybe it is the Beatles catalogue that is 1 billion but whatever. He still had way more assets than loans.

Sam

14. As far as I know, Branca has demonstrated his ability as a hell of an attorney, an ethical man, & was, by all accounts, MJ's friend for MANY years & has only spoken well of him.
Posted at 2:16PM on Dec 21st 2009 by janalal4

So, does this mean the bank debts are still not paid off. I thought the record sales & the profit from TTI were more than enough to pay off the bank debts according to that article from the UK Express.

Posted at 2:43PM on Dec 21st 2009 by Daphne Lorincz

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/21/michael-jacksons-executors-mijac-music-catalog-john-branca-john-mcclain-legal-docs/#comments#ixzz0aORsm6IG
MJ id sbsolutelu clear on all debts, the only thing left now is the lawsuits, its just that lame TMZ doesnt mind publishing stff about mj not in debts anymore. SEarch it other newspapers youll see.
peace,