Kid Cudi and Crew -- Cuffed and Released

12/22/2009 2:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kid Cudi -- the rapper behind that Day 'N Nite song -- was handcuffed yesterday after an intense police manhunt that spanned air and the ground ... unfortunately, they picked up the wrong guy.

Kid Cudi and Crew -- Cuffed and Released
It all went down in Hollywood, when a police helicopter unit spotted a vehicle that matched the description of a car used in a burglary. The vehicle was occupied by Kid Cudi and his crew.

A fleet of police officers immediately swarmed in on Cudi's ride and began detaining the passengers. We're told no arrests were made, but at least one member of Cudi's entourage was placed in the back of a cop car.

Ultimately, cops determined they had nothing to do with the crime -- and released everybody. But when asked about the situation, a member of Cudi's entourage told TMZ, "This is what you get for being black and driving around L.A."

Jon

Paul

"1. No, thats what you get for being black while a bunch of other blacks run rampant and commit violent crimes. What a douchebag."

uhh yeah he was talking about racial profiling which is exactly what you're getting at too. Because some black people commit crimes and he gets profiled for the same thing because he's black that makes HIM the douchebag?

e

Yeaaaaa, because the cops could see who was in the vehicle from a helicopter. Plain and simple their car matched the description of the vehicle used in the commission of a crime. Should they have just opened the door and said "opps you are black. sorry we pulled you over." Whatever.
Quit whining people.

Carlton

They just pulled over the first black people they saw. Typical la. Jon. I'm glad you are a proud racist. Its been so refreshing to see y'all come out the closet.

Worried

There is absolutely nothing racist about spotting a moving car from an airborne helicopter. Quit being a weak little permanent victim.

Oh, I thought this was for assaulting that poor WHITE kid awhile back. Ingrate, one-hit wonder!

Invisablekicks

Obviously most of you poster's haven't heard of a little thing called "running the plate's", The policed didnt have to pull him over or make the entourage get out of the vehicle if they just checked the liscense plate in the first place.

Tye Tanikk

Whaaaahh Whaaaaaah, the cops are racist, whaaaahh.
No wonder they call him KID cudi. what a crew of brats. Rap about being tuff thugs and then cant handle the consquences of the image they exude.

Solaera

"This is what you get for being black and driving around L.A."

Whatever. I was at a street fair in W. Hollywood and my boyfriend and I were grabbed out of the crowd and wrestled to the ground by police...we matched the description of a couple who had assaulted and robbed a woman. My shirt was torn and I lost an earring but I wasn't all butt-hurt over the whole thing. We did closely match the description of the suspects and police have to do their job. If you resemble who the police are looking for and are questioned so what?...The whole "LAPD are out to get the black man" is a load of crap and frankly, it's starting to get old.

i sware you all are dumbasses

First off, this was a case of racial profiling. It's not a matter of being whiny, or playing the victim, it's a fact. And I hate to assume but it's safe to say that none of you are from L.A., because if you were, you would know and understand what happened. And, if you knew the whole story and did not just rely on TMZ, you would know that a woman (who so happened to be white) point KiD Cudi and his crew out so it was not as if the helicopter pointed out the car, because if again, anyone knew anything on these comments, as one said before, all they would have to do is run the plates. That's how you can tell that this incident had a third party involved (the woman). Tye Tanikk, if you knew anything, you know that KiD Cudi does NOT talk about being a thug or being violent; actually, he talks about the complete OPPOSITE. So again, if you don't know what you're talking about, just be quiet. B/c I sware you all are a bunch of dumbasses. Happy Holidays. :)

P.S. Solaera-- you shirt was torn and you weren't "butt-hurt"? It sounds like you were violated... If I were you, I would've kept that comment to yourself because, quite frankly, you sound like a dumb ass with self esteem issues and poor judgement. hahaha

Solaera

Posted at 1:19PM on Dec 22nd 2009 by sweetkamilah

Why keep it to myself? It happened, it was scary at the time but we weren't hurt and the police explained and apologized. I'm not exactly sure why that makes me a dumb ass with self-esteem issues and poor judgement...because I didn't sue? Because I don't believe in whining and making drama out of every perceived slight?

I don't think I'm the one with self-esteem issues here "sweet" kamilah. Lol.

To the Idiots

"a police helicopter unit spotted a vehicle that matched the description of a car used in a burglary."

They stopped the vehicle based on the type of vehicle..the helicopter didn't go "hey that looks like a car black people are in..get it". No, a description of the vehicle was given in the burglary..and that's what the cops had to go on. For all they know, Kid Cudi COULD have been involved. Just because someone is a "celeb", doesn't mean they aren't capable of burglary. And if the only description the police have is "three black men driving a black suv"(example), doesn't mean if they pulled over a black suv with three black men..it's profiling. Stop crying racism and racial profiling where its not applicable. Now if they had NO description and they just picked some random vehicle with black people in it..then maybe. But not in this case.

Jojo

they should have gotten him for that assault! what a loser

kim

Police profile anyone and everyone they want to. I am white and have been pulled over more than once in LA when I obviously had not committed any crime. Everyone needs to understand police profile period. If your an attractive female male police will pull you over for no reason except they think you are attractive. If you are a young male white, black or Asian they will pull you over for no reason. Its not just blacks who get profiled.

Michael

"First off, this was a case of racial profiling."

No. It was a case of car profiling...and that's just WRONG!

It's not a matter of being whiny, or playing the victim, it's a fact.

Correct. However, it has gone from a few cases of profiling to every black kid on the street playing the "racial profiling" card regardless of whether or not they were actually involved in a crime. Pulled over for speeding? Racial profiling! Drunk driving? Racial profiling! Tail light out? Racial profiling! Driving the same make, model and color of a vehicle used in an armed robbery three blocks from the crime? Racial profiling!

"And I hate to assume..."

But you're going to anyway, even though most assumptions are based on very little (if any) real information, and therefore are most always incorrect.

"but it's safe to say that none of you are from L.A."

Ya see!

"because if you were, you would know and understand what happened."

Right. Because it ONLY happens in LA, right? Glad to see your logic and deductive reasoning powers are so ironclad.

You're not going to claim I'm profiling you now, are you?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments