Steven Tyler Checks into Rehab

12/22/2009 10:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven Tyler has entered a rehab facility due to an addiction to prescription painkillers -- this according to the Aerosmith front man himself.

The 61-year-old singer told People he became addicted to pain medication after suffering multiple injuries over the last 10 years of performing.

Tyler said, "With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates."

Dave

Steven Tyler and Lynne Curtin: Separated at birth??

Anne

Good to hear he is finally coming forward and taking care of business. Get well soon Steven!

squeakermama

Hope he kicks it and gets clean. He's done it before, I'm sure he can do it again.

Helen in CT

Thank goodness Steven Tyler had the sense to check himself in to rehab and get the help he needs! With all the senseless deaths of late, whether celebrities or rock stars.. I am happy to hear he is willing to do what it takes to get back on stage and perform! He is a brilliant singer and performer and his fans want to see him BACK onstage with Aerosmith! Peace be with you and your family, and may you find the strength to beat the addiction. May your bandmates forgive your weakness and support you during this, your time of need.

its me

this is what they will do to him ..GIVE HIM ANOTHER ADDICTION! i was in rehab for pain pills so they decided to give me SUBOXONE and no one told me that pill that u put under your tongue
((it has to disolve)) was addicting! its an opiate withdrawal. it does help with the withdrawals but trying to get off of these devils is PURE HELL . I'm going into detox soon to get off of the suboxone . i went in to get of pain pills and it worked and now I'm going back in to get off of these damn suboxones!! and they are TOUGHHHHHHH to stop
good luck to you !!

The Boss

yea Brittany Murphy was a wake up call.

janet

loser

lou-Cee

Ridiculous!This man is 61 yrs old and still BSing with drugs like he just discoverd getting high for the first time. LOSER!!!

mjacksonfan777

I WISH THIS WAS MICHAEL JACKSON! :(

Huba Huba Queen

Nothing golden about the golden years. Good luck to you Steven as I can relate to old injury pain. It's difficult for individuals to wrap their brain around it but it's real and delibitating. If you find the answer let me know.

Rodney

I just hope he's getting someone a little more competent than Dr. Drew and a place with less problems of rehab patients being ignored and dying than Las Encinas. See the details here:

www.myspace.com/370392338

Rodney Peterson
Writer
Cutting Confessions

Em

Didn't he just a couple of months ago deny things when his bandmates were saying he's not doing so good??
I hate it when celebs thinks we're all stupid.

A

Thank God. This is such a comfort to hear. This is what he needs. He's been struggling for a long time and Aerosmith fans around the globe have been so worried. This is a living legend, a true talent. He needs to take care of himself! And it sounds like he finally is. This is such a relief. You can do it, Steven! Positive thoughts are with you.

mary smith

Having recently kicked an opiate addiction myself, I admire him for making the steps. It's a lot for a person to even admit they have an issue. Much less take the initiative to kick the habit. I feel so sorry for him. It's extra tough when one didn't CHOOSE to acquire the addiction... like he became addicted after being prescribed the meds from an injury. It's even MORE tough for "older" people. This man is very strong. He deserves nothing but our utmost respect, support, and lots of prayers. To all the haters: Obviously, you've never been through the fire. So unless you have some experience, don't even move a finger to respond to this negatively.

Hussie

Good grief...I'm sure glad that those posting negative comments have never walked a mile in Tyler's shoes...
Addiction is nothing to be ashamed of, and seeking help should be commended...Tyler, like many others, is the obvious victim of over-zealous Dr's with their little prescription pads...If this hurts, take this pill...If that pill screws you up, take this pill...All it takes is one quick glance at the T.V. commercials for the latest "wonder drug" to figure it out...Big Pharmaceuticals want us ALL addicted, and they're getting their way via Obama care...If you think pills are handed out like candy now, and they are, wait until this health care farce passes and they're mandated...
Kudos and much love to Tyler...Don't let Hollywood, or some jerk-wad Dr get the best of you...Keep fighting the good fight, and you will win...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments