Movie Producers to Recast Brittany Murphy Role

12/23/2009 2:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany MurphyTMZ has learned the producers behind the last movie Brittany Murphy was set to star in have decided to forge on with the project, and will have to recast her role.

TMZ spoke to "Shrinking Charlotte" producer Darren VanCleave -- who tells us they also plan to dedicate the film to Murphy.

As for who'll be replacing the late actress -- VanCleave says they haven't thought about it yet.

The movie -- a rom-com originally set to release in early 2010 -- has now been put on hold until the new year.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

TMZ, YOU NEED BETTER SPAM BLOCKER/CONTROLLERS ON YOUR SITE...THIS MILLLIONAIRE CRAP IS GETTING OLD :(

oreo

Blowin Bubbles

ang

thats kinda mean and heartless, especially that the announcement came so soon.. couldnt they just finish it with someone else? everyone would know why...didnt they do that in heath's last movie??

LILLL

Careful now TMZ....there is no Darren VanCleave listed as a producer on "SHRINKING CHARLOTTE"
You may want to doublecheck your info.and your sources.

Renee

Comment regarding Topomax was inaccurate and misleading. Topomax is an anti-seizure medication that has been approved as a preventitive for migraines. One of it's side effects is weight loss +/or loss of appetite-very different from being a diet medication. Topomax is not a diet medication and has not been approved by the FDA as such. You have an obligation to retract your comment due to making such an uneducated and potentially harmful statement. If this medication was prescribed for seizures, it is not uncommon for several medications to be prescribed at once for such a condition-including anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) medications. Blood pressure medications and anxiolytics are also prescribed for headaches and migraines

AmuseMe

Renee: *MY* doctor was going to put me on this for weight loss. I have migraines, but it was my endocrinologist who wanted to put me on Topamax because I am at risk for diabetes and overweight.

barry Gordy is genius

Seems wrong somehow.

midi

people need to make a distinction between doctors and pharmacists. if you want to know exactly what drugs are supposed to be used for, ask a pharmacist, not a doctor. doctors diagnose and then hand out scripts for whatever drug they think will do the job. they do prescribe drugs for things other than what they're listed for.

Cheryl Shuman

I've known Brittany Murphy since I worked with her on Clueless and continued to be acquainted with her over the past several years. She is a lovely young woman, full of grace, kindness and was a ray of sunshine on every movie set or charity event that I've ever encountered with her. I'm deeply saddened and shocked by her death. I'm also angry at the insensitive comments left by some anonymous people accusing her of drug abuse. Brittany has had health issues in the past. Before everyone jumps to conclusions, can we just wait until the autopsy results are in? Can we please allow the family to grieve? Authorities agree that it "APPEARS" that she died of natural causes. I would ask that posters please show compassion. I would ask that people be respectful of the family, especially her fantastic mother, Sharon. My prayers go out to Brittany and her loved ones during this horrible tragedy. God bless you Brittany, you are already tremendously loved and missed.

Respectfully,
Cheryl Shuman

Bob

Whamo

16. The movie is set to release in early 2010 and they haven't finished shooting yet? But now it has "been put on hold until the New Year". Last I checked, 2010 was the new year. Am I missing something?

Posted at 7:58AM on Dec 23rd 2009 by Bob
===============================================================
That was my first thought Bob. How the hell do you re-shoot an entire movie promote it AND release it in 4 months?

Kat

Sad that noone knows that she actually took two years off before she did The Expendables movie to look after her sick mom who had cancer at the time, so all the rumours of her being a junkie hardly sound true, she surely did have health problems and so did her mother, it's very selfless of her to have looked after her mother during that time and for that i have much respect for her, bless her soul. This is from a article i found at The Tribune that was published around that time.

"The bubbly Just Married star will make her return to the big screenin the film after taking two years off to nurse her sick mum."

She says, "My mom had cancer and she's doing incredible now."

She surely sounds like she had health problems and for that i don't blame her for having to take meds, just unfortunate some did not mix, i doubt she took them all or even all around the same time, she sounds like a person who knows the value of life and was just trying to make the best of it, doesn't sound like a girl who would take her life at all, not after what her mum went through. RIP

Amy

well i guesss her kids will go to K-fed or will her mother get them? K-fed isn't exactly the best dad in the world

Pat

Amy um....hello.....K-Fed was married to Britney Spears duh.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments