Chocolate Rain Dude Takes on The Grinch

12/24/2009 5:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tay Zonday -- the dude behind that "Chocolate Rain" song -- is making his triumphant return to relevance .... singing the one song perfect for his deceptively deep voice ... "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch."

It's waaaayyy better than a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce.

Wickeddoll

Awesome! It's better to *watch* someone sing a song, IMO - and his voice is nearly a perfect match. I'd like to hear him sing other things; he has a great voice!

CHERYL

He rocks...the song was great. Dr Seuss and Boris would be proud....
Dont know why the negative comments. He did justice to the song and the to spirit of the song.

d33

I liked his performance

Jerry Martin

That's actually pretty damned good! I like it.

ciaben

Great Job !! For those of you who do not know anything about voice control and expression, you really cannot say anything --- from a person who has done commercials, voice overs, and produces music and sings - he did very, very good job !!!! Hats off to you !!

iSad

I can't believe that deep voice comes from such a little guy.

Kim

This guy is pretty good! Nice voice with this cartoon!!

Shock

Very good. He should be doing voice-over work in Hollywood. Remember folks, looks like this was recorded without any studio work done to it. Excellent rendition considering that fact.

janalal4

Aw, it was good enough to put a smile on my face. I think he has the pitch right but his timing just seems to be 'off' compared to Boris Karloff's. Of course who could do it like Boris? Good for him for giving it a go!

Lana

Actually, Boris Karloff did not sing the song in the cartoon. The guy who did the actual singing is the guy who does the voice for Tony the Tiger -- Thurl Ravenscroft.

tayfan2

Why the surprise? I thank him for singing this childhood favorite. Only Grinches are narrow minded enough not to recognize a true baritone talent which is lacking right now in the music world. Well. That slot can now be filled. . . . .Tay Zonday

me

ha! he does say it like, mr. gwinch! its the same set up from two years ago except with a water jug floating in the background!

Lori

(it always preset it as me no matter what i do! unless i go to window explorer not mozilla)

Hussie

To those of you who think this is trivial, or insignificant, or that his "15 minutes" are up, I have only one thing to say; Let's see you do better...
Yes, his "R's" sound like "W's", but who friggin' cares?...If anything, credit should be given there as well because he either suffers from a speech impediment, or it's from an accent...Most people who suffer either wouldn't dare put themselves out there like Tay does, yet he does it with class, dignity, and respect...
Compared to all of the other garbage we're inundated with everyday, this video was very refreshing to see...
Good job, Tay...

Andrew

I would like Tay Zonday to sing the John Carradine song "Night Train to Mundo Fine" from the movie "Red Zone Cuba"

marty

Dude: your voice is really good but your voice reminds me of this guy in this show in Fox, his name's Smith. anybody thinks the same? close your eyes when you listen to him and your image will be of this guy Smith from Fox. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but if things don't work out for you, you could always go in TV as as Smith does.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments