James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

12/25/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

But the real question...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Lenny

Cameron was absolutely in the right here. This is just some douchebag trying to make a profit on eBay. Really, who waits outside an airport for a director with a poster in their hand? And if he is such a big fan why was he so quick to make disparaging remarks about the movie and the $15 he spent on it? He lost all credibility right there. The $15 he spent was for an enjoyable movie experience, not a free autographed poster from the director. Go to a sci-fi convention if you want an autograph!

The autograph seeker was being a little baby and should have let it go. Cameron was right in saying, "Every time you open your mouth it justifies my decision." Kudos to Cameron for taking the time to stand there telling the guy off the whole time. Any other director would have stood there looking meek and startled. Even millionaires are entitled to their privacy and personal space.

MoJoe

James Cameron is being sued again...The guy has his own Website that shows comparisons to his storey and Avatar www.tiuniverse.com

Just Me

Ah this just proves flat out why I can't stand the guy ... what a jerk! It doesn't surprise me that he has been married so many times. He would be completely unbearable to live with.

Just Me

Maybe its just me and maybe I'm gullible, but I think just because the guy happened to have a poster with him doesn't necessarily mean that he had ulterior motives and wasn't the camera crew from TMZ? They apparently hang out at LAX all the time waiting for some big star to come in (and you can bet that it happens multiple times a day) ... I don't think they were with the guy ... I think they just happened to be "in the right place, at the right time".

mia

Wow. Is Cameron PMS-ing or something? He's turning into a grumpy old man.

Cindy

Cameron forgets who pays to see his movies. How long does it take to sign your name?

gia

Yo, James, you make all your $$$ thanks to people like that man, so show some RESPECT FOR YOUR EMPLOYERS!

B

It's just the way it is!! James Cameron has his $$$$s...so to hell with the fans!!!

Pat

Merry Christmas to you too.

Edgecrusher

that's no fan! some guy selling autographs on ebay

Fred Farkel

Well.

You have to admit the kid is right. He worked an hour to watch the guy's film. And what? The kid is trying to steal Cameron's lunch money.

Yeah kid. I agree.

WHAT AN A$$HOLE.

Sooner or later in Vegas or LA we bump into everyone. I promise that I will call Cameron an A$$HOLE right to his face and then remind him of this video.

Iloura

Autographs are stupid, who on earth really needs these? He was probably pissed because most of the time autographs end up on ebay, most celebs probably don't enjoy signing them either. I know one thing for sure, if I was lucky enough to meet anyone of that caliber in the entertainment industry I sure as hell wouldn't get in their face and demand an autograph. That's just me though, I'm not an autograph person.

mcgrapenutts

the "fan" is being an A-hole, sorry

Icebaby

Pay money to the mainstream. That's all they are, they want your money but don't give a crap about you. T-2 kicked @ss though. After that, Titanic was overrated. Hugh Jackman looks like the only nice celeb. Ha ha!

jared

james cameron is truly one disgusting human being

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments