James Cameron in Major A-Hole Dispute

12/25/2009 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

James Cameron -- the guy who directed "Avatar" -- directed a few choice words at an autograph seeking fan last night -- calling the guy a "f**king a**hole" during an argument over a signature.

It all went down at LAX -- when James walked past a man holding an "Avatar" poster, and refused to sign. The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."

That's when the fan lost it and replied, "I'm an asshole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a**hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a**hole?"

Ultimately, James calmly walked away from the situation while the fan continued to yell at him.

But the real question...

Mag

Regardless of why the "fan" wanted his autograph, that BUTTHEAD should have signed it....it's not like there was a mob of fans wanting his autograph...it seemed liked just the one. It would have taken but 10 seconds out of his miserable life to sign it. I WILL DEFINITELY NOT be seeing this movie....looks like crap anyways.

C in Houston

A fan just happens to be walking around LAX with an Avitar poster, sounds like a professional $$ autograph seeker to me , Cameron owes him nothing...How many times on TMZ have they shown some Fan appear out of the blue at LAX with an obscure photo of some A or B actor and ask for an autograph..

Mark

F__K, I certainly will not go see the movie now. If he thinks we are as_h___, What is he?

sandy

What a douche! How much reassurance about yourself do you need to feel the need to belittle someone else that much? No more Cameron movies for me.

Christi

You know, I don't find it necessary to comment on every thing I read on here-- and I only come see this site when I'm bored- maybe once every 2 weeks but WOW, what a class act that Cameron is! I can't believe I payed to see Titanic as many times as I did! I stupidly thought he made these wonderful films for the people-- I guess it's all about the money and not about the people. I won't be going to see Avatar. My kids didn't care- they're teens- it wasn't all that interesting to them, anyhow, but I was pushing for it, hoping they'd get into it. Now I'll just give our HARD EARNED money (and no, I'm not a low-wage earner-- I have a Master's in Education, Mr. Cameron) to ANY other movie-maker with a movie out on Christmas day-- but we WILL NOT be seeing any more of your films. Maybe once your film get to Big Lots, we'll see if we can pull 5.00 from our wallet to help you out.

rachael weiss

I boycott everything that disgusts me...Mel Gibson has been on that list forever.....They think they are God .....And believe their press..Are they kidding? Its a movie......Ugly behavior is just that...For me? Its a JOB..An overpaid one at that......Give me a break.....What did he come from? Ask that question....And he has probably always been one ugly kid..........Im done.....If I see one more Hollywood bus in front of my house Im going to freak out........You people built the monster ..Get over it..........

Fred Farkel

OK I phoned in the news tip to FOX NEWS and CNN. Told them to see the video on TMZ.

You other peoples call the other networks.

It's my nap time.

sonny chiba

DONT PAY TO SEE THIS AHOLES MOVIE,WATCH IT FREE

KARMA

May you slip on a reindeer cookie!

Harley

Sorry, James. But I've never even heard of you until this post. If I ever see you, I will be sure not to pay you any attention. I've only met a few celebrities in my life time and I treat them the same way I would treat any stranger - I ignore them. Why give them the attention? They crap just like the rest of us. I'm sick of these people. I'm not going to renew my People magazine and I've stopped going to the movies - I'm boycotting them altogether. They need to get out and get real jobs like the rest of us - jobs that don't force you to OD and be buried on Christmas Eve. Stop going to the movies. Stop watching them on television. Boycott the whole thing.

loloagogo

PR*CK! Too many people kissing his arce. I do not blame Linda Hamilton for going GURL! Maybe he is pissed cuz the storms on the East Coast, hence the slump in ticket sales...LOSER!!!!

raw

Fans have done worse, John Lenin was killed by a fan, so signing a piece of paper shouldnt be a big deal. Plus most signed products have to be authenticated to be deemed real. So if he sells it on ebay that's his choice, but then again I can also sell my dirty undies on ebay and make money, so who cares, lol.

sonny chiba

DONT PAY TO SEE THIS AHOLES MOVIE,WATCH IT FREE

sonny chiba

DONT PAY TO SEE THIS AHOLES MOVIE,WATCH IT FREE

RodeoFresh

Very very cheap trick to denigrate James Cameron. Where is your world known Jewish smartness and creativity?? Maybe better to advice your clients who ordered this anti-PR to try making movies as good as Mr Cameron does?