Blackstreet Singer Accused of Rock Band Attack

12/29/2009 1:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Teddy RileyTeddy Riley -- a singer from the R&B group Blackstreet -- is accused of using a guitar from the video game Rock Band in a violent attack on his daughters.

Teddy's 18-year-old daughter Taja Riley was granted a temporary restraining order against her dad -- claiming 43-year-old Teddy abused her and her older sister by "stomping, punching and bashing them" in his L.A. home on December 23.

In the documents, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Taja claims at one point Teddy, "lifted a Rock Band guitar and threatened to kill person(s) w/ it."

Taja claims she suffered several injuries in the alleged altercation -- including "bashes to temple, contusion on face" and "pain in knee."

Teddy has been ordered to stay 100 yards away from Taja. The next hearing is set for January.

mamajj

Merry Christmas girls. Now I am going to beat you.
CLAASSY!!

Simone

It's a complicated situation...

shuffler

Whaaaaaaaat?
I never thought I'd hear Teddy Riley and "abuse" in the same sentence.

For those that don't know, Teddy Riley worked on most of Michael Jackson's Dangerous, among many, many other artists.

Man, he has always come across as easy-going to me.
Pray that whatever happened, it's going to work out for him and his daughter.

shuffler

Posted at 1:21PM on Dec 29th 2009 by Erine
OMG did you see the pictures of her face?
-------------
Die dirty spammer, die. I'm sure nobody appreciates your BS statements.

Proud American

Who does he think he is, Joe Jackson?! This is sick and evil, I hope someone kicks his ass

MNoelle

Not surprising...ive always held this guy mostly responsible for the whole "black women as video hoes...all I am worth is my body" thing...i remember as a teen seeing "shake your rump" video and thinking to myself...great...just the way I want to be portrayed on tv...now thats ALL we see. Teddy Riley..you Are a rump!

Penny

What do you think is happening with all these people? Money and fame is not making them very moral and happy!

susieq

And here I was hoping Simone had disappeared...

Flower

Disgusting, trashy man. No man worthy of the title lays hands on a woman, much less his daughters, in that manner.
Feel big and important, now, douchebag? You can whip a girl.

Worried

Didn't Teddy torch his own recording studio in Virginia Beach to avoid some sort of debt, possibly with the IRS?

theTRUTH

Simone complicated? As complicated as him choosing his 21 year old gold digging girlfriend over his kids... yeah very complicated... Simone are you Bita by chance?

Amit

All I want to do is a Boom Boom and a Zoom Zoom.....check baby check baby 1 2 3.

Jane

Poor Teddy. Don't be mad at your daughter because there's no New Jack Swing Hero game. Ass-hat!!

noneofyourbusiness

What a piece of crap. So much for feeling the love around the holidays. If my husband did that to our daughter-he would have been walking around with that guitar permanetly up his ass.

Tye Tanikk