Rush Limbaugh

Hospitalized in Hawaii

12/31/2009 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rush LimbaughUPDATE #3: A rep from the Rush Limbaugh Program released a statement saying, "Rush was admitted to and is resting comfortably in a Honolulu hospital today after suffering chest pains.

Rush appreciates your prayers and well wishes and he will keep you updated via RushLimbaugh.com
."

Rush Limbaugh
has been hospitalized in Hawaii after suffering chest pains -- this according to KITV Hawaii.

According to KITV, paramedics responded to a call at the Kahala Hotel in Honolulu at 2:41 PM and transported Rush to Queens Medical Center.

According to the report, Rush was in "serious condition" when he arrived to the hospital.

Attempts to reach a rep for Limbaugh were unsuccessful.

UPDATE #1: TMZ has confirmed paramedics did respond to the Kahala Hotel at 2:41 to attend to someone with "chest discomfort."

UPDATE: 11:29 PM EST -- Sources inside the hotel tell TMZ the hotel took drastic measures to get the mystery patient -- reported to be Rush Limbaugh -- out of the resort without being seen.

We're told hotel security shut down a wing of the hotel and the guest elevators -- the patient was transported using the employee elevator bank.

More Today in TMZ History

Wes

Hey maybe the year will end on a positive note after all.

Kathryn

The only hatemongering is in these comments. I bet you who call Rush a racist hatemonger have never listened to his show and have no evidence that he's a hatemonger or a racist.

Newsflash: Rush exposes those who care little for the Constitution. I tell you what, read the Constitution, then tell me which Democrats are upholding it.

HasBeens

LMFAO @ Wes, and Diane, you don't seem any better than the rest--wishing death on everyone else.

pcs

I don't wish death on anyone really, but he's a useless POS

jwalker889

Amazing all of the hate comments that come from people that do not listen to Rush. They are a part of the group that gets their news spoon fed to them. Vote for Obams (ok) taxes are good (ok) sarah is bad (ok) Gov health care is good (ok) Olbermann is a genius (ok) I pity them all. Oh gosh, I forgot. Don't dare listen to the evil Fox News.

God Bless you Rush

SuperflyCaroline

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!.................................BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Mike W

He was rushed to hospital in a socialist ambulance after being treated by the staff of a government run fire department.

RonBurgundy

Rush will blame his heart attack on McDonalds and Burger King, he will accept no responsibility for his grossly inflated arteries and somehow this may end up being Obama's fault as well.

I absolutely hope he lives, until Friday.

PhilZ

Poor Rush, it's just BAD KARMA. I too hope he fails.

tabitha666

Hey MinnesotaNice- That P.O.S. has made his fortune promoting hate. I hope he suffers unbearable agony before his disgusting hate spewing a$$ croaks! "You reap what you sow", eh, Rush? DIE!

Packerfan1

My god, what a bunch of children...

shannon

I'm sure this is somehow Obama's fault.

I hate to see a person sick, but Rush you ARE an a $ shole deluxe.

blondie

Well said #14! The liberals attack him because they are afraid of him. He tells it like it is and doesn't hold back. Our prayers to Rush for a quick recovery.

Wow

What a terrible thing for me to say!! Sorry. Hope Rush is okay.

robin

Do you dumbasses realize that YOU are spewing hate and venom with your death wishes? Get outta your momma's basement and actually listen to his show instead of letting media matters think for you.
Prayers up for El-Rushbo.