Artie Lange Hospitalized

1/3/2010 11:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Artie LangeArtie Lange was rushed to a local hospital in New Jersey on Saturday for undisclosed reasons.

A rep for Lange tells TMZ:

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment."

Lange has been absent from "The Howard Stern Show" for the past few weeks.

me

Um, how'd you update this story other than changing the time stamp?

Big Dog Ron in IL

With all of Artie's problems, he is still human. We all have our vices: gambling, alcohol, drugs, perscription medications, and the list goes on. Until he hits rock bottom and loses some of his celebrity status, he will not truly realize what he stands to lose. He is a talented guy, and I think he is a caring guy, but until he has something exceptionally bad happen to him, he may just be oblivious to the help those around him are offering and truly care for his mental and physical well-being. He needs to either give up his stand-up comedy career and focus on the Stern Show, or leave both and doe a lonely man. I would rather see him give up stand-up and continue his role on Howard's show to perhaps save his life. But, no one can control what Artie does after the show and on weekends - only Artie can control it, and if he continues to chose not to, then he will end up like Farley, Belushi, and the like. All comedic geniuses taken too soon to realize the laughs they bring to help us cope and make fun of everyday life! Get well Artie!

sternfan100

It's a publicity stunt - they got tired of Rush Limbaugh getting all the media attention.

Easton Duboise

If Artie dies, Jackie Martling's your killer.

vanessa

For a good blog, go to: www.thecreativealcoholic.com

Ahh, Souls

Good. He can stay in the hospital for all I care, pathetic load. This would be a good opportunity to bring back comedians to fill the seat like they did when Jackie left. Bring back Billy West, Norm, Pat Cooper, Gilbert etc etc!!!!! GROW UP ARTIE! Get better, but GET LOSTTTTTT!!!!!

Makgirl

Twice someone mentioned they didn't want him to end up like "Jim Belushi."

Maybe it would be better if he did- last I checked, Jim is alive and well and had a hit sitcom.

richard roberts

we need you back Artie, been trying to listen to history of howard stern for two weeks havent laughed yet and is very boring. cant wait till monday when live show starts back .jackie sux

Howerd please stop making history of howard stern we dont care just play reruns. still love you

Jessica

I think Artie is on Maternity leave.

Jessica

bring Jackie back

sarah

The thing is, I think he wants to die and be remembered (by some) as one of the greats who went too early. I really thought he would be back on the show tomorrow morning and once again, we would hear how things are tough for him but he didn't touch any drugs (yeah, right) and that would be the end of the discussion until he was out again. I guess it's the end. I wish the best for him, but it's really irritating as a fan to hear that once again he's out.

stef

the blogs are reporting artie drank bleach and stab wounds were visable
any body else here this ??
Hope it is not true could be relapse more then likely!

steve

I wish the guy well, but, have never been a fan of his on Howard's show. He kind of rambles on and interupts the flow of the show. He also laughs alot at his own stuff, thinking it is funnier than it really is. I am with the other guy that says bring Jackie back. He fit in much better with the show. After all, it is the Howard Stern Show and Jackie was aware of the fact. Still Love Robin and Fred too.

Theresa

Who cares? This guy is an un-funny fat bastard.

I Like Life

Last week I emailed George Takei and Perez Hilton asking what was going on with Artie but neither wrote back. The email I sent to Artie himself bounced back as the email account being closed.