Ellen on Simon: Trying Not to Take it Personally

1/11/2010 8:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen DeGeneres has a dog in the whole Simon Cowell fight -- after all, she signed on just months before Simon's big announcement that he's leaving "American Idol."

Ellen just taped her show today, and cleverly explained a possible link between Simon, Conan and Jay.

As we previously reported, Simon's voting himself off the show so he can work on "The X Factor."

Alexa

This should be good! Simon won't be able to keep his mouth shut when Ellen does her stupidity.

Bettsie

I can't stand Ellen and her goofy comedy. I can also understand Simon leaving American Idol as he made the show worth watching occasionally.

teri

The show was doomed as soon as they hired Ellen. She has no music exp. and she just cheapens the show. No wonder Simon left.

CAA

As I said before......every day Ellen spends the first 5 minutes of HER show whoring herself about Idol........it's enough to make one puke.......
I used to like Ellen.......USED to.......

Holly

I don't think it was personal against Ellen

I think it was planned.

I saw him many many months ago say that he couldn't keep up with doing both shows.

jared

Ellen will totally ruin that show (not that it matters anymore anyway with Simon leaving) by trying to make the show all about her by being funny. You can tell she is uncomfortable on her own show when somebody is more funny or interesting than her so I don't know how she will deal with the singers getting more attention than her.

Wil

Ellen.......I love you.

sarsone

Ellen has no credentials to be a judge. Without Simon American Idol is going to go down hill.

Crazyladee

Jared must not watch Ellen. Anytime I see her guest being funny, I notice how hard Ellen is cracking up!! Ellen rocks!!

Ann

Ellen Degeneres is the WORST POSSIBLE choice for a judge, DUMB decision. This is the luckiest woman on the face of the earth... not funny, not attractive and does her dumb little dance before every show makes most of America want to puke.

MadonnaAct2

It's ALL Ellen's fault that Simon's leaving AI! She's a horrible AI judge.

c

She was such a good comedian before she was all up in your face with the lesbian thing

DR SICK

First, they should have dumped Kara, what a bitch. Ellen is too severe to look at. She looks like an anorexic man. I'm glad Simon is leaving, now this trainwreck of a show can finally die.

Wil

#7 WOOT, your an ass. Most likely uneducated as well. You couldn't even come up with an insulting sentence. I think you would be a great friend for Tila.

Amy

No Simon, no Idol. Simple as that. Ellen really is terrific so it'll be fun to have her around for at least one season of Idol.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments