Accusations Fly in Sudden Deaths of MJ Giraffes

1/13/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The owners of two celebrity giraffes -- which once belonged to Michael Jackson and roamed freely in Neverland -- are crying "foul play" after the animals mysteriously died.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt

PETA sounded alarms this morning when news broke of the giraffes deaths, pointing fingers at the Banjoko Wildlife Preserve in Page, Arizona -- where the giraffes had been living since 2006 -- claiming the preserve was responsible for the deaths due to "improper feeding and/or exposure to cold temperatures."

TMZ spoke with the Banjoko Preserve founder, Freddie Hancock, and she tells us -- "We suspect foul play with the giraffes. There is no other explanation for their deaths. There is currently a police investigation going on. Someone has hurt these giraffes, they were healthy."

A necropsy is currently underway to establish an official cause of death -- but Hancock insists the animals were well taken care of: "There is no sign of infection, abuse, or neglect."

The giraffes -- named JJ and Rambo -- had been at the center of a vicious legal battle between Banjoko and the local city council over a $100,000 bond to cover the animals in case of emergency.

Glenda in Texas

Poor things. I wouldn't be surprised if some idiot out there blame the Jackson estate somehow and sue!!!!

mimi

why the rude commenta about michael. NO ONE is happy that's he's dead so if u don't like him don't leave such disrespectful comments

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

NO ONE is happy Wacko is dead?

OhWell

18. NO ONE is happy Wacko is dead?

Posted at 1:39AM on Jan 13th 2010 by HUH?
------------------------------------------------------------

I Am

Barb

Yes I can tell you more, but I need to go back and find the links to some of the awful things they did to animals so people won't say I'm making it up. I have done animal rescue work for over 10 years and I always knew this group was over the top but the last thing I read shocked the he** out of me and the rescue world was up in arms over it. Keep checking back and I'll post the links as soon as I find them.
=====================

15. What about us?
My heart is hurting over this. First Michael's Tigers, Sabu and Thriller were in danger during the LA brush fires this past fall, and now Jabbar and Rambo...
Yes, I do think something is VERY rotten in Denmark. Someone is responsible for this, I can feel it. I don't know a lot about PETA except for the fact that they appear to go for the hype when it comes to animal activism. And now they're in a battle with the owners to take the remaining Giraffes? Sounds like this group is also trying to cash in on Michael's passing to get another 15 minutes for themselves.
Barb, you mentioned PETA has 'skeletons' in their closet. Can you (or anyone) expand on that?
BTW--I'm with you on that #8/Tellitlikeitis, January 18 is practically upon us and still no Official Autopsy. I would love to be patient and hooe for the best but the problem is I don't trust them to do the right thing and get justice for Michael. I'm convinced that unless a high profile person or entity intervenes, they will try to file his death away on technicalities.
Peace--MICHAEL/ILUVU2INFINITY

Posted at 1:13AM on Jan 13th 2010 by Cher

janicebyrne01

Whop der it is

Oh please, everything that is connected to MJ gets destroyed one way or another. Bad Karma

Inma

THANK YOU SO MUCH MICHAEL!
I LOVE YOU MORE!

Barb

Cher.. Now don't get me wrong I'm all for stopping the brutal murders of animals for fur, leather and ect. if you were to see how they do it you would be sick for a long time. I personally don't eat meat but I don't try and blow people up who do either which this group has done in the past. The last seen I read was a few of the members were dumping the bodies of animals in dumpsters and got caught. These were healthy friendly animals that could have gotten a home but peta euthinized them and dumped them in dumpsters instead. Then they hired fanct laywers to get out of it. Here is a few of the sites.

Barb

If these animals were being abused or neglected then they need to find somewhere else to go but I would not give them to peta. I am for all animals to be protected. I have seen horrible things when it comes to neglected and abused animals and I believe we as a human race should protect them. Peta does not protect them.
=======

21. This is a sad situation and I hope that the autopsy results show something of interest. I'm behind PETA on this.

Posted at 2:26AM on Jan 13th 2010 by janicebyrne01

Chico

Somebody probably did poison these beautiful animals, just because Michael Jackson used to own them. The owners claim that these giraffes were not exposed to cold weather nor were they underfed. Either way, these regal animals died for no reason and that is unacceptable. I hope someone does something about this. It is a crying shame that animals are maimed, killed, abused and neglected on a daily basis. It's simply sickening.

And for those who mentioned January 18th re: MJ investigation....nothing will happen on that day. It's a holiday here in CA....MLK birthday.

Inma

From here my deepest condolences to the people of Haiti :`(

cindee

IF IT'S TRUE, THAT MURRAY COULD ONLY GET MANSLAUGHTER
CHARGES , THEN IT'S TIME TO START BEATING THE POTS
AND PANS ,MAKING SOME REAL NOISE .......WE NEED TO MAKE
SURE IT'S MANSLAUGHTER WITH THE MAXIMUM PENALITY....
WHAT CAN WE DO?????????E-MAIL OR/AND WRITE MICHAEL'S
FRIENDS "THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS OF THE INDUSTRY...
TELL THEM MICHAEL DESERVES "J U S T I C E"
BILL CLINTON (IS /WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MJ)
THOMAS MESEREAU
MARK GERAGOS
APHRODITES JONES
GERALDO RIVERA
SPIKE LEE
STEVIE WONDER
JESSE JACKSON
AL SHARPTON
RAFFLES VAN EXEL
KENNY ORTEGA
THE LIST IS LONG OF FRIENDS ,BUT, IT'S A START....
IF WE REALLY LOVE MICHAEL .."LETS DO SOMETHING"
LET'S MAKE SURE "MJ" GETS JUSTICE TODAY, FOR HIS
LEGACY...AND ESPECIALLY FOR HIS CHILDREN
JUST A SHORT NOTE FROM THE HEART !!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
MICHAEL IS DEPENDING ON US !!!!

bunny

This-is Not-it When the trial starts, If you all want to let the Jury and the D.A. Patrick Dixon how we feel and how much we are sad, angry and how we will fight for Justice, PLEASE, SIGN THIS PETITION: http://www.petitiononline.com/TINIxMJ/petition.html We cannot accept Murray will be acquitted after murdering Michael !!!

This may be the only way we can contribute to getting justice for Michael....PLEASE SIGN TODAY. Spread the word.