Elton John Has No 'Idol' Time

1/14/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

No matter that Elton John is perfect for taking Simon Cowell's bitchy British seat on "American Idol" -- we're told the Rocket Man will not be landing an "Idol" contract.

We're told Elton's schedule is way too packed to bash amateur singers -- so a golden ticket to Hollywood is out of the question.

Wonder what Robbie Williams is up to next year?

hunsister

It should be Elvis Costello.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Oh man, Robbie Williams would be PERFECT to fill this space... I LOVE him. He's so honest, funny and goofy...

Rosie

Too bad! Elton John would have been perfect!!

anonymous

WTF!! NO NEWS OR PICTURES ON HAITI? TMZ SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!

Jerry Martin

I'm glad he turned it down. Elton has too much class to be on a piece of crap like AI.

John

I dont watch Idol but I would for Elton.. But I wouldn't mind seeing Robbie doing it. It would be great for his record sales here since hardly no one knows who he is

Just sayin'

YAY!

disturbed

The B*tch, B*tch, B*tch is Back.
Stone-cold sober as a matter of fact!

rico

GOOD,The two over inflated egos, Elton and Ellen whould have never gotten along....

???????????????????????

good he acts like a bitchy lesbian anyway..the older this idiot gets the more he acts like a woman pms'ing

Ice Water

Thank God. Sir Reginald is wayyyy too good to be on Idol. Madman Across the Water Anyone? Elton is a briliant genius and Idol, while being a fun distraction, is a junior high school talent show.

Sand D

I also thouht or Robin Williams only for the late night spot....even I would stay up to watch him.......those other two guys are just to hard to look at.
But.....I think Mr. Williams is at a place in his life even he would be put off from all the neg. and mindlessness of A I.......but I do watch it I am training my brain to do nothing......lol just kidding some of those kids are really great but the judges so far are well....a little boring.

TMZ FAN

I'm thinking it sounds pretty good to Conan about now!

TMZ FAN

No--I take that back! HARVEY would rock it!!!!!

Irene

Good - Elton can be waaay too nasty and vulgar...I think he is a pig. They need someone younger to judge these young talents. Someone with music ability that does not have a super career or just use the 3 judges like they did in the beginning. Why do they have to have a nasty English judge? Try something different...how about guest judges? That keeps it interesting. It really should be more about the kids than about the judges and yet they always make everything about themselves.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments