Leno and NBC Strike 1 Hour 'Tonight' Deal

1/14/2010 10:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno has made a new deal with NBC, which gives him "The Tonight Show" from 11:35 - 12:35 ... sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, under the contract Jay had been working under, he was guaranteed the 10 PM hour. By moving him to 11:35, NBC was in breach of his contract and needed to negotiate a new deal. That is now done, sources tell TMZ.

So Conan O'Brien is out, and Jay is restored.

Jay Leno pictures

will

looks like ill be watching dave from now on...jay and nbc feel my wraith!!!

stormyred68

Conan was not doing well against Letterman in the ratings anyway, so why not put Jay back who WAS doing well & only left to accomodate Conan in the first place.

LenoSucks

If Leno was so great and funny, his primetime show wouldn't have sucked so bad that NBC affiliates were demanding it's cancellation. Leno forced Carson out of The Tonight Show but Carson bowed out graciously and didn't whine about wanting the show back. Leno should man up and give Conan his shot. Lest anyone forgot, Letterman consistently beat out Leno at first for a long time. Conan deserves to hold on to The Tonight Show.

Robert

Wow, I guess NBC made the choice for me. I can no longer watch them due to them turning their back on COCO and saying NO MO to COCO

JB

I wonder if they will run repeats or utilize guest hosts. Also, what a waste of a beautiful set.

rimman

This explains why Leno's chin is so big, he keeps his ego in there. Seriously, if he were anything other than a douchebag, he would have bowed out gracefully, but no-he has to feed his ego. I've never liked Leno's brand of comedy-I prefer someone funny-but up to this point, thought he was a decent guy.

Conan is the only one with any integrity in this situation.

New FOX Fan

Jay should play Vegas.
it is that time in his career.

H

Good move from NBC, Jay had ratings gold at that time slot and I think he will continue that when he starts back up. Conan is good but not appealing enough to the masses, wish him luck at FOX but Jay will triumph and take that #1 spot in the ratings from Letterman.

The George Lopez show is just boring.

Smooth Criminals

That's great news. Good for Jay.

Now Coco fans can actually prove that they support Coco by actually watching his show when he gets one instead of just yapping on the internet.

I don't think Jay has lost many fans because of this fiasco but I think Coco has. I never knew what a spoiled brat egomaniac he was until this all happened.

Smooth Criminals ex Coco Fan.

Dean

It is totally unfair for Conan to get the job in the first place.Jay was doing well with the Tonight show,and was fired.He had a five year exit plan.There was no reason to fire someone who has done a good job.Jay got fired again,and it took him,and Conan down.NBC is the Villain in this debacle.

Mikey

Conan should move to Fox and do an show from 11 pm to 12:30pm. He'll wipe the floor with Leno. Then put on monkeys playing ping pong on at 12:30 and that should beat Fallon.

???????????????????????

boycott the idiot with the chin...conans our man and put leno in a can......I will now go over to David Letterman.....So sick of that (p) rick leno!

Ctm

Were was all this support when conan was on tv .It was not there.
That is why jay lenno was picked .The real mistake was made 5 years ago for even putting conan in a contract for the tonight show,The guy is nothing short of a smartass.

upchuck21

I will never watch this program...

Den

I like Jay but this is low for him to do. I'm not saying it's all his fault but Leno had to have some sort of push on this and NBC got them selfves in trouble with poor ratings. Now it's going to go down even further. I hope they enjoyed the extra ratings they receive during this fiasco but in the end NBC will loose and heads are going to roll.