Teen Mom's Mom Charged with Domestic Assault

1/20/2010 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of one of the stars of MTV's "Teen Mom" was charged with domestic assault today, after she allegedly choked and hit her daughter last weekend.

Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Debra Danielson

Court officials tell TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was charged this morning in Pottawattamie County court in Iowa ... and is due back in court on February 26 for a preliminary hearing. We're told Debra did not enter a plea today.

According to the Council Bluffs Police Department, Farrah accused Debra of choking her and hitting her on Saturday after a verbal argument erupted between the two over childcare issues and other problems.

When cops arrived at their home, they arrested Debra after observing multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

UPDATE: A rep for MTV tells TMZ, "MTV is aware of the matter between Farrah and her family, and will continue to respect and support her as we tell her story. We understand the serious nature of these allegations, and encourage anyone dealing with domestic violence to access resources at www.loveisrespect.org or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)"

UPDATE: According to Debra's attorney, she's going to plead not guilty.

lelia

Maybe her mom would'nt have to do that if shed stay at home with her kid. Farrah you need to grow up and raise your own kid and stop makin your mom do it all!!!!!!

judit

I watch the show "teen Mom" and as we all see Farrah is quite immature and has yet to take more responcibility for her daughter Sophia. She has been very disrespectful to her family. But I think people are missing the bigger picture here. Farrah who keeps wanting to date men, find a suitable daddy figure for sophia I think does this with the true wish of being loved, and accepted. Farrah's Mother is Verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive. Farrah's mother is not loving at all, she is a controlling woman who is a rage a holic. i saw several episodes where Farrah tried to talk to her calmly and in a mature way for an 18 year old. and the mother stormed off like a child. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree folks. I don't think the way these two are as mother's is acceptable at all. i think both of them need counciling, and need to take parenting classes and anger management too. Abuse is never an acceptable behavior, EVER! doesn't matter if the child is a brat or not. remember that!

Nana

violence is sad, but Farrah is so bratty on the show and does not show any responsibility, and respect and is too busy trying to hang out.

skippy

Obviously nobody deserves violence - but I'm not surprised Debra lost her temper. Farrah is a selfish, entitled brat who is more interested in partying than raising her child. Going out sometimes is okay, but 3-5 times a week until three in the morning? No. Farrah doesn't realize how good she has it. She wants her mom to "butt out" but I don't think she knows how hard her life would be if her parents weren't supporting her. She needs to learn some respect. If I was her mother, I would've kicked her ungrateful butt to the curb long ago.

AM Hood

A lot of the time this mother seems to be out of it. Is she alcoholic and have serious mental health issues, bi-polar. I would not leave my child in her care.

Shugey

Hey Farrah I dont't know if you'll read this but it's okay. I'm a teen mom also. I'm 17 and I just had my son on July 12 and my baby's da left me when I was 4months pregnant. I've had my mom hit me after I've had my baby and my mom has hit me still but with my son in my arms. Yeah she's called the cops but let me tell you somthing. "The cops NEVER did anything about it. You're younge and you're doing all the work without your partner and so am I and I DO understand what you're doing through. My mom has her moments with me as well but you did the right thing for your lil girl. Yes, she's you're mom and it hurts but now you have a little baby that you need to take care of and protect. My mom is ALWAYS bitching at me and I NEVER got out. I've hardly never gone out and look how I ended up? I have a baby now but because my mom has always but me through so mucg presure and I never got to be me and relax and enjoy my teen years. You're mom shouldn't have been doing all that to you. The way that I see you is that you ARE doing YOUR BEST for you and your daughter. You're still a teen but just always think about your lovely baby. You're mom had no right to do what she did. I'm sorry for what happen but you know what, now it's you're turn to show the whole world that you're a good parent and I believe you are. I'm raising my son that's going to be 7months on Feb. 12 all by myself with out my partners help and I went through my pregnancy all by myself and, I can tell you right now. That yes, it's hard but you've got to move forward not for you but for your daugther. I wish you the very best from the bottom of my heart Ferrah. Email me if you just need someone to talk to or anything. God Bless you and your sweet little girl.
shugeyrenteria@yahoo.com

KKat!:)

Hands down to Farrahs Mama! That aint ish to what my mama would have done if I talked to her the way Farrah did! Boyy I wouldnt be sitting here today writing a comment to this! And if i called my Pops by his name, he would have slapped the baby out of me b4 it was born. But Never in my life have I seen a child so disrespectful!

nuu;nu 17

I LOVE FARRAH..... YEAH HER MOM LOVES THAT BABY BUT SHE NEEDS TO LET FARRAH TAKE CARE OF HER ON HER OWN... HER MOMMA ALWAYS HAS SUM TO SAY ABOUT WAT FARRAH DOES.... SHE SHOULD JUST LET HER BE A MOTHER 2 THE BABY THAT SHE HAD..... I LOVE U FARRAH IM ON YOUR SIDE..... AND WAIT HALF OF THESE PEOPLE ON HERE CALLING FARRAH A WHORE/SLUT THERE THE MAIN ONES OUT HERE SLEEPING WIT EVERYBODY...:)

drpepper

1st off, they edit a lot so there is no telling whether or not farrah actually sleeps with the guys she dates. 2nd, she should'nt even be trying to date in the first place arguing with mom dukes as to why there's nothing wrong with it, she should've been slapped a long time ago (but people think the mom is being controlling, whatever). 3rd, she has no idea what she's doing with that kid. all of this equals to...she had it coming. the mom obviously loves the grandchild, which is very apparent, she complains to farrah about what she's doing with her life with the baby... she's grown enough to talk like a sailor to her mom, she should've been ready to be knocked out like one. get a job farrah and start taking care of yurself. because right now, yu look like a total douche and whoever has sympathy for yu are probably douch bags themselves to be supportive of other douches. team farrah = team douche bags. ("yu go girl" = use yur mom, have a nice place to stay that she pays for and watches yur kid while yu go out and act like yu don't have a care in the world. sounds like a douchy thing to do to people who care about yu) touche douche bags, touche.

amamda

How can she treat her mom that way? Most teenage moms would not have a mother who gave two cents about them. She has a mother who does and she talks to her like crap. How can she disrespect her parents so much? I think it began with bad parenting by her mother to Farrah. Her mother gave her everything she needed. Farrah is one of the "entitled" children of this generation. She believes that her mother is wrong for providing motherly guidance and direction. She believes her mother "should" do what Farrah tells her to do and that is it. Farrah is a sad girl and she will lose her family at the rate she is going. She will realize her mistakes when she is alone and in her 30s.

irma

i think this teen mom needed that slap from her mom, she should be grateful for all her parents do for her. she says that she is a teenager no farrah you are a moher first and take better care of that baby your idiot!!!

noneya

i f*ing hate farrah!! shes such an awful mom!! understandable some of you say its hard raising a baby... dont open your legs then!!! deal with the consequences.. obviously farrah is the abusing parent and should be charged for neglect!! what a dumb b*tch! those of you who are sticking up for farrah have no common sense what so ever!! grow up farrah and quit your f*ing whining!!

blanca2315

I hate farrah too... She has anger issues as well. I think anythink her mom tells her makes her mad... I think she was trying to read the letter when her parents where tring to spend time with there grandaughter that made her mad too... I don't think she has ever spoke to her mom in a nice way since the show started... and i hope when she slaps her daughter in the face ten years from now her daugther calls the cops on her because she is the one that needs to spend some time in jail not her mom..

Amanda

Farrah is a spoiled brat but any GOOD and SANE mother would NEVER do that much damage to their own child. yes she loves Sophia but jesus christ Debra is NUTS! And look who raised farrah! On the new season farrah lives on her own with sophia and is doing great!

Ann

Farrah is a little B****! She is selfish and has no respect for anyone. She left her baby outside, closed the door and started unpacking. Doesn't the crew that films this show feel fear for that baby? I do. Also the Mother is one big mess!!! and the father needs to grow some balls!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all need help. can someone please help them????? PLEASE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments