Conan O'Brien -- Free at Last

1/21/2010 5:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'BrienNBC has finally announced what TMZ has been reporting for days -- Conan O'Brien will be a free man on September 1.

NBC released a statement moments ago, officially announcing Conan's last appearance on "The Tonight Show" will be tomorrow.

NBC noted that the deal -- struck today -- will free Conan to "pursue other opportunities after September 1, 2010."

remembering Conan O'Brien

Al Dunn

You will be missed until September Conan!

Alanna

Can't wait to watch tomorrow night to see what he does/says. Should be his best show yet ...

aaron

how much did andy get in the settlement?

joe joe

4th!

Freelols.com

Well, that was easy!!!

urban

My family and I are done with Leno... Can't wait to see what you got coming next, Conan!

TEAM CONANDO!!!!

haaaaaaaa

How full of yourselves are you TMZ? How many times in one article can you possibly mention that you 'reported' things first? If I had spies all over the place and encouraged outrageous behavior by your employees, I too would find things out a couple days early. Give it a rest.

CHERYL

I HOPE JAY LENO FLOPS! THAT WILL SERVE HIM AND NBC RIGHT!!

vulture

who cares!!! conan is not funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky

What exactly is Conan not able to do until Sept. 1st?

Obviously he can't do his own talk show...

But can he write comedy bits and make appearances? Can he guest host maybe the Jimmy Kimbel show or even Letterman?

Angela

see you in september in a better location than nbc. Leno sucks, NBC sucks, they don't get smart humor, let the old timers have leno back. i hope Leno tanks!

sporizon

Conan is a punk. I hope he goes down faster than a red-headed stepchild chasing a runaway cheese wheel with a $45 million dollar check taped to it.

vulture

i agree with dave. who the hell told conan he was funny. Good bye, can't wait to see you flop on FOX...

Pablo Alleycorn

Network TV programming sucks! Tonight Show style format is DEAD! Bombarding us with stupid commercials constantly like TMZ does actually works in reverse. Even if I like the product, I won't buy it if the commercials are constant and annoying. Papa Johns Pizza, El Pollo Loco, Sit & Sleep.......if your tune or motto tries to stick in my brain, I won't buy your product - EVER! Make the commercials louder than the shows. Go ahead and keep doing the same thing over and over and over..........

So, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so........

I'm just sayin! I'm just sayin! I'm just sayin! I'm just sayin! I'm just sayin!

say or do something new for a change!

repetition is boring!

Viva Argentina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JB

"Hi, my name is Conan O'Brien and I am now $32 million richer than all of you!"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments