Joaquin Phoenix Shaves the Homeless Look

1/22/2010 9:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It only took a year -- but Joaquin Phoenix finally shaved off his beard and dropped that fake, wannabe rapper persona he tried fooling us all with ... and it's all in the name of suicide prevention.

A bald-faced Phoenix -- along with Miley Cyrus and Liv Tyler -- appears in a new online video promoting the suicide prevention website TWLOHA.com.

For the record, that dirty look, we never bought it.

riottgirl

first.

REALbarbwire7

I'm just guessing, but considering his recent focus, he's probably been having some depression issues. That's what people do when they're depressed....they don't care about anything, including how they look, and they are generally pissed off at the world. This photo is a good sign, and he looks healthy. We don't know what people go through being as celebrities; things being expected of them that are unrealistic; not being able to be who you really are. I wish him the best and hope we will get to see his talents again some day.

can't fool me

He shaved the beard off a long time ago. He looks good enough to eat!

xcalibur

GAWD, TOTALLY THREE UNTALENTED IDIOTS!!!! SURSLY, WHO'S HIRING THESE DOUCHE BAGS TO CALL THEMSELVES CELEBS? ANYONE COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB.... SMH.

John

One of the main reason he was ok'd by Johnny Cash to play him was his past and demons. I like Joaquin and hope he can keep some of the demons out and live more of a normal life.

Liv Tyler is hot!

why?

I voted!

Cant Watch

Ummm, the supposed mockumentary Casey Affleck was filming with Joaquin is in post-production.

sardonicus

This is pure BS. If Miley really wanted to prevent suicides, she'd stop singing.

Just sayin'

Well that's good news. People will definitely need suicide prevention after listening to one of Destiny's, oops! I mean "Miley's" songs. I know I did.

Sarafina

She acts like he is already supposed to know who she is. He's hysterically funny and maybe down-playing it--I love it! It's totally bursting her star-bubble--and gawd she have a more irritating voice?!!

Darlene

*SHAKING HEAD*

Pierce Aero

Cool. Good cause. Live another day. Suicide is one thing that it is ok to procrastinate on. Put it off. Myley's Funny. Not a fan, but she's okay for doing this. I may give her another listen.

karen

He looks great, I almost idn't recognize him.
I already voted, it's a great cause.

lalaloo

At first I was totally certain that the whole alter-ego thing was a hoax, especially after people started noticing Casey following him around. Joaquin has a well-founded mistrust of the press and he was getting way too much attention for his own comfort level. He simply has not been able to forgive "The Media" for constantly broadcasting a recording of the worst moment in his life.

That distrust could be the jumping off point for both a hoax and for a mini-breakdown. Hopefully the former.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments