Paula Abdul -- 'Dancing' Is Lucrative

1/26/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulPaula Abdul has a million reasons to appear on "Dancing with the Stars."

ABC has offered Abdul a $1,000,000 development deal, with one catch -- she has to appear on "DWTS," sources tell TMZ.

ABC has been going after Paula for a few years now, trying to get her on "DWTS."

According to the proposed deal, ABC would allow Paula to do "The X Factor" with Simon Cowell. We're told Simon and Paula met a week ago to discuss the show, and it looks like it will happen.

Paula has to make a quick decision -- we're told the ABC offer is contingent on Paula doing "DWTS" this season, which starts in March.

A rep for ABC says they don't comment on prospective cast members.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kooky Fan

Being a former Laker Dancer, wouldn't make for a very fair competetion.

a the fantastic

YEA TEAM PAULA!!!

masini

I think Paula is worth something and I hope you accept. It's a wise woman.

Shelly

Paula can't be one of the contestants on the show. If she is on the show it would have to be as a judge or as a professional dancer. She is a dancer and a choregrapher. If she was on DWTS as a contestant that would be completely unfair for the rest of the contestants. The whole purpose of the show is getting people who aren't dancers and teaching them how to dance. I would love to see Paula on DWTS, but it would have to be as a judge or as a PRO dancer, and not as a contestant. That would be TOTALLY unfair!

you just don't get it

Shelly

Actually the whole purpose of the show is to make money.

Simone

Hahahhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahhaa.

My stalker fake Simone is here!!!!!!! Nobody cares about what you think, bitch!!!!! Go to bed, child!!!!!!!!! : P

Ann

Paula... GO AWAY!!!!

tracy

She has really bad back problems. I dont think this should be a deal breaker. Thats wrong of them to do to her

dee

I agree, Shelly. Paula has been a professional dancer and choregrapher since see was a teenager. Considering her neck and back issues, they better get a medical clearance for liability issues.

Ann

It will be great to see Paula back on TV again. I'm waiting for her to be with Simon again on X Factor. SHe will be great on DWTS!!!

king

What could this goofball possibly "develop" that's worth a million dollars?

king

I like a half-cup of buttermilk in my banana muffins. Just sayin'.

Jaggen

Paula would be an outstanding choice as a contestant on DWTS.

Before all you people start talking about being fair or not. The dancing Paula does is NOT BALLROOM DANCING. Ballroom dancing is quite different and much more difficult. I have been ballroom dancing since a very early age. I can guarentee Paula would have a bigger learning curve then then the others. Much like Kristi Y.

Paula would rock for DWTS

Teri

Paula was a dancer/choreographer so obviously she can't be a contestant, that wouldn't be fair.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments