Steven Tyler Serenades a Home Depot

1/26/2010 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rehabbing rock star Steven Tyler treated a bunch of shoppers at a Home Depot to an impromptu concert this weekend -- by singing two of Aerosmith's biggest hits a cappella over the store's loudspeaker.

Steven Tyler sings at a Home Depot

TMZ spoke to multiple employees at the H.D. in Rancho Mirage, CA., who tell us Tyler randomly picked up the microphone on Saturday and belted out snippets of "Dude Looks Like a Lady" and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" for all the weekend warriors to enjoy.

And get this: We're also told Tyler took a hit from a helium machine and kept singing Bee Gees style while signing autographs for anyone who asked.

Coolest. Guy. Ever.

stonecold

Coolest. Heavy drug abuser. Ever.

L

He's been spending quite a bit of time in the Palm Springs area...Betty Ford Center maybe?

Love Steven

He is really the most rock guy in earth.Beautifull and funny.He really likes to sing anywhere,anytime.Heart and soul 24h...Don´t be so jeaulous guys!!!!!

Sherry

Absolutely Coolest Guy Ever! You Rock Steven :)

Lori

WOW... Why cant he do that in in his homeworn in Mass.

simpleton

"9. Seems a little desperate to me…I’m just saying!"

agreed.

He should have OD'd years ago.

Crystal826

We want pictures or a video clip. Oh and a depot dog.

Jill

I saw the report via internet TV ( LoggTV.com ) Tyler rocks anywhere that's awesome.

MattyMat

Just like Keith Richards--- a walking corpse.

Josh B

Ya know, I always thought the employees there looked goofy with their orange vests. But if Tyler was prowlin' the aisles with those goofy scarves he wears in concert, he probably looked weirder.

Loved the comment on Jamie's Got a Glue Gun. They also did a song called Home Sweet Home. That could've been Home Depot, Sweet Home (damn...that's not as good as the Glue Gun; where's my inner Weird Al when I need him?)

As a writer for Autograph Magazine, I sometimes like it when I hear about a celeb doing something nice when it comes to signing their name. And Tyler did this move I saw (almost positive on TMZ) where he was near a construction site and this guy yelled down how much he loved him and was a fan. Tyler told the guy to come down and he signed his hardhat, and wrote some song lyrics that worked with a guy working that type of job. I thought that was a cool move, too...just like the impromtu concert.

Maureen

Steven, Keep looking out for number 1 cause you're all that matters! Continued success in rehab and hurry back!!! Whatever you do be it with the band or solo can hardly wait to hear that voice kick out those soul gribbing tunes. Stay "GOLDEN" and sweet!

Mery

Dear Steven, please don't leave Aerosmith, the world loves you, the group without you, won't be the same, you are
irreplaceable.
With all my love from Perú.

sarah

This death-warmed-over looking, pill popping, over the hill, frog croaking, banshee screeching, turd of a human being needs to do a Carridine and choke himself out in a closet so these poor tweeny fans can get a life.
Who really cares if he gets back with the band??
What's he ever done to help anyone but himself and his craving for drugs, fame and money?
What a shallow piece of crap

sarah

Nothing is sadder than an old doper. Never got out of the 60's.
The dude don't look like a lady; looks more like a hag

cindy peck

Steven I need you to sing for me on my birthday march 24th, I live near lake sunappe and drive a ford mustang license plate Dreamon, I have been a fan since I was able to listen to aerosmith,I love you all have been to so many shows,I had tickets this past november to see joe perry at club casino but developed H1N1 SO my daughters who also love aerosmith went in my place and Joe P erry signed my license plate for me under Dreamon, Then I had tickets to see you at the Capital art center in NH But the show got canceled I so wanted you to sign my License plate DREAMON NH it would have been a great gift sO i WORK AT LAKE SUNAPPEE BANK IN HANOVER NH IF YOU READ THIS AND GET BACK BEFORE MARCH 24TH I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU SIGN MY DREAMON PLATE GET WELL SOON LOTS OF LOVE CINDY PECK

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments