Oprah to Jay Leno: 'Memba Conan?

1/27/2010 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno told Oprah what he already told TMZ -- that he and Conan O'Brien haven't said a word to each other since the beginning of the NBC mess.

Jay Leno: Click to watch
In a preview of his big one-on-one with Oprah, Jay says he wanted to have a convo with Conan -- but thought "it didn't seem appropriate."

GG

Jay Leno agreed to retire, period!!! Jay should have stepped aside (as agreed) and let Conan do the job he was promised to do.

UGGGGHHH

conan couldn't and did not do his job that's was he was AXED!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVER IT............

Loulou

Jay is a d-bag and Orcah sucks.They deserve each other.Orcah should go away and never come back.Too bad we have to wait 1 more year to not see her moronic face anymore.

New FOX Fan

Jay-hole was taken off because his lead in to the local news was hurting the local affiliate stations. The Lead in is everything.
Jay-hole and NBC never really gave Conan a chance. His whole career was following Leno. Leno never got out of the way. imagine if Carson had a show at 10pm leading into the Leno Tonight show. It took Leno a year and a half to come up to speed in 1992. and his lead in was Law and Order, Dateline and L.A.Law. Back when they where fresh, new shows. Now it looks like the line up will be the same. `18 years later. Great progressive programming Zucker! Law and Order and Dateline into Leno WOW

nikki King

Rodent.

Nicole

Leno needs to stop playing the victim. I'm not buying it and I'm sure I'm not the only one. He is a sneaky manipulator. The more he tries to save himself the more I detest him.

Rocky

UGGGGHHH

Welcome back Jay. Long overdue.

Wellington

I just got done watching "The Late Shift" again. I rented it from Netflix. I saw it years ago but forgot a lot of details.

It's amazing how little NBC has changed. BTW Leno does not come across as a bad guy nor did he steal the Tonight Show from Letterman. According to the movie it was Helen Kushnick, Jay's manager and later his executive producer, who was the one using strong-armed tactics and did a lot of things behind his back that he didn't know about. She got so out of control that NBC almost fired Jay because of her. He finally fired her. She died in 1996 of cancer.

Kathy Bates played Kushnick in the movie and won a Golden Globe for her betrayal.

joey - I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!!!

I LOVE CONAN & JAY -

I have met them both and have had ongoing conversations with one of them more than the other over the years, but I read the comments where people claim to know what is "really" going on, which unless you have been backstage or know people who work with them, etc. is just YOUR PERCEPTION AND OPINION, NOT FACT. Anyone who works around entertainment shows has a "different" knowledge of the real events and the talent's real personalities than those who don't, so just remember if you are not involved in any of this professionally, whoever you hate for whatever reason in this mess is not necessarily true, even if you read it in magazines as well. As you can see, Conan's production company is planning a show pilot called "Justice" at "NBC". I do believe it is on the TMZ website. So freakin' Chill!

Wellington

oops portrayal not betrayal...LOL

CLETUS MCGILLICUTTY

LENO.....JUST PLAIN......LAMO!!!! WONT BE WATCHING JAY LAMO PERIOD, EVER!!!! GO TEAM CONAN!!!! GO TEAM COCO!!!!!

CLETUS MCGILLICUTTY

JUST CANCEL THE TONIGHT SHOW PERIOD!!!! BORING!!!! GET SOME REAL TALENT FOR THAT BAND OF YOURS JAY.....HOW MANY SONGS THEY KNOW HOW TO PLAY......TALENTLESS BAND!!!! NBC CAN CLOSE TOMORROW AND I WONT EVEN NOTICE THEY WERE EVEN GONE....ANOTHER POWER MOVE BY ZUKER!!!

gene yuss

Appropriate to take Conan's job but not appropriate to call. Hmmm OK Jay.

sexoffenders.ws

I am a great fan of Jay and his show. He is a great entertainer and had a great sense of humor. And I believe Jay’s sun has not set yet. He has lots of resources. Conan O'Brien obviously a different personality and it would be bad if we drag the two big personalities and criticize them for the sake of comparison.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments