'Deadliest Catch' Guy Suffers Stroke

1/30/2010 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisPhil Harris -- captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- suffered a stroke and is currently hospitalized, a Discovery rep tells us.

A spokesman for the show tells TMZ, "Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

Phil has been captain of the Cornelia Marie for 18 years, according to the Discovery website, where his two sons serve as deckhands.

Jess15

Oh man... This is sad. You would have thought the scare he went through a couple of seasons ago would have done the trick but I guess not. I wish him and his family the best. Get well Captain Phil :)

J

Get well soon, prays out for you.

Robert K,Heather K

We wish captain Phil a speedy recovery, we will pray for him and his family. My wife and i are REALLY big fans of the show. We'll keep you all in our prayers. We hope you return to what you love to do as soon as possible. God Bless

Vicki

Oh no!
So sorry to hear this news. Captain Phil, his sons, and the whole Cornelia Marie crew are my favorites on the show. Please stop smoking Captain Phil! I quit after 21 years; it is possible to do it. Get well soon, you are in our prayers.
I guess that Murray is unretired again.

Angela M.

Captain Phil,
We wish you a speedy recovery. And pray for family's strength as you deal with this new challenge. I enjoy your no nonsense approach to fishing and life. Stay Encouraged.

MD

Oh, that's terrible. I hope he's alright. Its great that this didn't happen out at see. Hopefully because he got help sooner he'll make a full and quick recovery.

joey

Phil, Prayers from Sulphur louisiana my friend. We hope you make a speedy recovery.

Debby Burney

Love the show and especially Captain Phil and the Boys!! God Speed to a hasty recovery. We need you back out on the water!!

Elorack

I will keep Capt. Phil and his family in my prayers. I hope for as speedy a recovery as possible. My prayers also go out to Jake Anderson of the Northwestern and his Family. His father has been missing for a few weeks and I pray for his safe return.

LongJohn69

Those sons of his brought on the stroke. They're little punks.

Paige

Prayers and healing thoughts going out to captain Phil. Hes my favorite captain on the show and I hope that they dont give the boat back to Murray.

sherry

darn i like him he wont sail again...

Leslie

Sending out prayers The power of prayers from all over does wonders for miracles to occure.
Would like this to be a temporary set back that will require a bit of rest with healing. peace to the family and crew(Which in turn is family too!)

cfr444

Captain Phil... Thoughts and Prayers go out to you, the boys and all the people on Deadliest Catch. Get Well Soon, We love you~

hautala19

Love Phil and his crew.....praying for a speedy recovery!