Brittany Murphy Memorial Mysteriously On Hold

2/3/2010 2:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy's husband has suddenly called off the fundraising party he was throwing in her honor tomorrow night -- but the man who pulled the plug isn't saying why.

Brittany Murphy & Simon Monjack

Simon Monjack had planned a huge launch party Thursday night for his new Brittany Murphy Foundation -- an organization he claims is dedicated to arts education for children. Monjack had been reportedly soliciting $1,000 donations per person to attend.

But just days before the big night, someone called the Beverly Hills Temple of the Arts -- where the event was supposed to go down -- and told the Rabbi to hold the Manischewitz... because the party was off.

We're told Monjack insists the party was simply postponed -- but so far, no new date has been set.

UPDATE: TMZ has learned guests for the event received the following email from someone at the Brittany Murphy Foundation, "So sorry but the memorial has been canceled due to an illness in the family."

We spoke with Rabbi David Baron, who was supposed to conduct the memorial, who told us when the call came in, the person who canceled never gave a reason.

e33

It may be time for a real job?

LILLL

Low turnout I bet. We love Britt--but Simon? Not so much.

Kadi

He couldn't seel tickets for 1k cause everyone knows he's just looking for loot... Probably couldn't sell enough so he postponed so he doesn't look bad... Shocker1

Towash

1. Sadly ,My boyfriend and I broke up a month ago. yeah.. i'm young ,beautiful,lonely and still hurting.i maybe need someone to love..still..
My friends told me about -----Agegapsingles.com -----told
It's the best place to meet an older boyfriend or a younger one. ..So i got a username(Anny Bely) there in order to find a new BF.i just don't know if it's right !!!!

Posted at 12:32AM on Feb 3rd 2010 by Anna

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/03/brittany-murphy-simon-monjack-charity-party/#comments#ixzz0eRwL08Gx

Wow, Anna, this is a great opportunity. I am lonely as well and I think that we would be purfect together. Yeah! LOL I am so sexited.

gottaknow

Perhaps Monjack realized everyone was onto his game. It is common knowledge he is in desperate need of CASH!

Jake

A "launch party"?!?!?! For her memorial service??

I think we just officially reached rock bottom as a society. And he was just the gross individual to lead us there.

Twinker

And I bet the attendees wouldn't have gotten much more food than what's on the real Luann Platter for that grand.

Pompom

I miss Brittany.

XOXO, Goblin Girl

Irving

Jayonna Fabro is a renowned model, who is currently gracing the covers of the February, As Is Magazine and the February FBM Magazine+ this Month's Dimepiece Magazine

Jayonna was featured in Show and Fame Magazines Sheis a up and coming radio personality with internet station www. Wugr.biz Wednesday's from 9pmest-11pm est

www.laduidefenseteam.com

This is just so sad and desperate.

Buck Farack

The sad truth is poor Brit's career fizzled when she and Ashton broke up. She sank to C list. There simply aren't enough fans left to support Monjackoff's sympathy scam.

Chris Rock

Shucks, I had just bought myself a new tuxedo for the party.

Warren

This guy is ten pounds of poop in a two pound bag.

LC

I do NOT trust Brittany Murphy's Husband something about Him..PPL should check into Him a bit more..AND...I Think He is having an affair w/Her Mothter

adonna

Simon Monjack needs to sleep with the fishes.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments