Animal Planet Star -- Attempted Murderer

2/4/2010 7:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The star of the Animal Planet show "Pit Boss" knows what it's like to be treated like an animal: Dude spent 10 years behind bars for attempted murder -- and TMZ has obtained his mug shot.

Animal Planet Star -- Attempted Murderer

Before he started rescuing dogs, Shorty Rossi -- who went by the name Melvin Rossi -- was sentenced to 20 years in California State Prison for participating in a gang-related shooting in Los Angeles back in 1988.

Rossi -- who was a member of the Bloods street gang -- began his prison stint in 1989, but was released after 10 years.

Rossi has talked openly about his prison experience before -- but prides himself on turning his life around.

How's that for street cred?

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vonn

Sign him up for jersey shore

Homer

Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?

Homer

I hate that FCKNG FOOL KLOWN.

Taylor Steele

Wow, it's strange what happens to people...

OMG I love TMZ. I watch TMZ all time. TMZ is a great example of normal people attaining some kind of fame. The blond haired dude is the coolest followed by Harvey. Harvey, give Chad a raise guy! Seriously...

On a side note I live in Vancouver Canada and want to work for TMZ, I have great hooks into the hotel industry and can get great video of different celebs.

If anyone reading this could help me get involved that would be great!

Swap it! Encrypt it! | Transfer files - Send large files

www.swapitencryptit.com

a long time Leno fan!

Congratulations, great job, guy! Many never get that second chance and end up dead on the streets. Good job!!!

dan the man

I never knew that white people could join the Bloods.If I had known so, I would have left my hometown years ago to go gang bang in South Central LA whoop whoop

tom

How did he get in the Bloods? Affirmative Action?

DOODAD

9. How did he get in the Bloods? Affirmative Action?

Posted at 12:43AM on Feb 4th 2010 by tom

LOL

mamajj

Tom... I was thinking the same thing. I live
in So Cal. Grew up here & I was pretty sure
the Bloods were a black gang. WTF

Jim

If he "began his sentence" in 89 and served 10 years, how is it your "booking photo" is dated 2-11-94? Justsayin

Twilightluvinmom

Congrats to him! Not everyone makes it out of gangs alive. Plus, having the chance and using it to rehabilitate himself is a credit to him. Now he uses his time to speak for those who can't speak for themselves. Remember, We are Their voice!! (=

quepuck

Thanks for watching the Puppy Bowl, everyone!

Coming up next on Animal Planet, a Midget Murders Biggie.

Jeezy Grizzles

A blood, eh? Midget Mafia on Animal Planet, HOLLAA!!!

It's where little people belong, anyhow.

nick

IT's not right for murderers like martin to get on tv ruining it for other little people. he's no different now than he was, just getting paid to have the cameras around so its a different hustle.

only idiots watch animal planet, so now i have to hear more crap from idiots

quit making it hard for the rest of us! (by the way, i'm a little person)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments