Kristen Stewart -- Key Player in Prostitution Case

2/5/2010 6:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kristen Stewart Kristen Stewart's civic duty involved sex, prostitutes and an undercover cop -- and the guy on trial even got a happy ending.

TMZ has learned Stewart was a member of an L.A. jury this week in a 3-day case involving a man accused of trying to pay an undercover cop for some temporary lovin'.

The defense argued that their client was innocent because he doesn't speak English very well and the whole sex solicitation thing was just a case of lost in translation.

In the end, the "Twilight" star -- along with her peers -- agreed with the defense and found the man not guilty.

After the trial, we're told Stewart was so proud of her contribution to society that she asked if she could keep her juror badge ... and they let her.

chanquila

aww she's so cute

Icebaby

Oh man. How I do that pale skin of hers. Oh yeah!

KStewAngel

I'm so proud of you Kristen. Too cute about keeping the badge.

Mariah

I think that's cute, too. I know she elects to be in a public profession/public life but I am sure it's kinda fun or interesting for stars to be able to do "normal" citizen stuff once in a while. I wasn't happy at the time when I had to do jury duty a few years back but it was cool to see the "system" in action. I have a deeper respect for it...

Brooke

I have my first jury duty in two weeks. I hope I get an interesting case!

Alex

Sweet Sex Babe, playing any role. http://www.isexbar.com

justsaying

Yeah yeah yeah. She's cute and all that crap, but she's also an idiot. If she thought for one second that English (or the lack thereof) was the problem, she's living on another planet. Sex is an international language. I've been to over 20 countries and have lived in 6, and I can tell you, you don't have to speak the language in order to get your point across when it comes to sex. You'd have a much harder time trying to order water in a resturant in Japan, if you don't speak the language. The guy did it and he got off. Period.

kimmie

i don't care what language a man doesn't speak, he knows when he's paying for sex. i think the jury made a mistake.

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Looks like the racist liberals at NBC are at it again. Let's see if TMZ touches this one at all. Probably not.

?????

You mean the courts are still wasting taxpayer dollars on sh*t like this? Someone needed a job and he was offering employment.

Michelle

Umm why does she have a ring on her left ring finger?

V

It's very comforting to know that not all celebrities think they are too good for jury duty or for the justice system. She could have easily gotten out of that. Good for her!

karen

Kristen you are a real "down to earth" young woman and you totally rock girl. Good for you that you did "your duty" in the public eye. You are awesome and beautiful. Keep smiling.....

XOXO Twilight Diaires Girl

I'm positive she didn't have that ring on (that finger in question) recently at the Sundance Film Festival ( I've seen the photograph of her smoking on the tarmac & there was no ring) & we all know that RPatz has been in the United Kingdom days before Christmas & is still in the United Kingdom (to film BelAmi) & hasn't been back to the United States of America so if it wasn't RPatz that gave K-Stew that ring who was it? & has ROBSTEN been a lie all along?

CJ

18. Umm why does she have a ring on her left ring finger?

While she and Pattinson maintain a private relationship I am SURE they LOVE all the attention that it brings....knowing that a ring on "the" finger will drive twihards crazy. Hence why they swap clothes/hats and wear them when they are apart. They know that the fans will pay attention and speculate constantly. They really show their age in that way

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments