Jackson's Dad Wants to Sue Over Death Photos

2/5/2010 8:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonJoe Jackson has just filed legal docs asking a court to acknowledge Michael Jackson's family has a right to sue news outlets that published photos of Michael Jackson dead.

Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, filed papers with the court in the Michael Jackson estate case, claiming there is legal precedent for a family suing for invasion of privacy when such photos are published.

Although the legal docs don't state which photos he intends to sue over, "Entertainment Tonight" aired a photo of Jackson -- whom paramedics believed was already dead -- as he was taken into an ambulance from his home.

Oxman is trying to get the estate court judge to allow him access to medical records as a prelude for filing such a case.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

emerald

Is there anyone Joe Jackson isn't trying to sue for anything over MJ's death?! This money grabbing vulture is determined to make money from his son's death not for his grandchildren's sake just for his own abusive, greedy, pocket lining self since MJ left nothing to him! MJ never wanted his kids exposed to Joe's abusive, money grabbing ways, he hated his father for what he put him through and now Joe Jackson wants money from anyone and everyone he feels he's entitled to sue!! Let's hope he's got the money to pay the legal bills when these suits fail!!

fan

Michael couldn't handle not blaming
Joe Ugly Prostitute for screwing his mind up;
he tried to convince us that Joe taught him all
he knew onstage & called Joe a genius.
Katherine scolded Joe when he claimed he never child abused, but she shame MJ with religion & foregive Daddy dearest!
MJ contradicted himself by saying
he was strange because he had his childhood stolen.
MJ was healthy & gorgeous until his family begged for
more MJ tv commercials &
Jackson 5 tours up to this year.
Jermaine bragged about Janet & 3T touring with the reunion.
MJ escaped into childishness & couldn't care less
that surgeons butchered his nose, which connected Joe to him.

beau

WHO KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON? MICHAEL JACKSON KILLED MICHAEL JACKSON...HE WAS DEAD A YR. AGO.. NO ONE WILL EVER DO WHAT HE DID PERFORMING WISE..HE WAS THE GREATEST

M Murphy

What a father. He is bound and determined that dead or not Michel is still going to support him FOREVER. Thank God I had a great Dad and not trash like this character.

TC

I am glad Mr. Jackson is standing up for his son. Continue the fight JUSTICE 4 MICHAEL. justice4mj

Anne B

The insanity of Joe Jackson -- it drove MJ to success but, ultimately, to MJ's mental health issues as well.

Has Joe Jackson not heard of the 1st amendment to the constitution -- freedom of the press? The death of the king of pop was clearly news and the news media must be allowed to report on it. It might be difficult for the family to look at those photos. It's difficult for me to look at photos of the Holocaust, especially because my father was a Holocaust refugee -- but that does not mean that I can stop the press from reporting news.

LIL MIMI

YaLL JuST NeED tO lEAVe DAt pOOR mAN aLNOE N LeT HiM rEsT iN pEaCE

AK882

To Whom it may concern,
I just want to write and ask you all to PLEASE calm down and no I'm not being ignorant, far from it, You see I have been an avid Michael Jackson fan for over 40 years and was shocked with dis-belief that my beloved michael had passed away but then I didn't have an internet connection for 3 whole months due to moving house. My previous ISP was an *Ahole* and to cut a long story short I managed to find a better, cheaper ISP whom i'm still with today.

Point 1, Michael Jackson is not DEAD he is very much still ALIVE!! He, Michael is in hiding to teach the media a lesson they will never forget. It's all over the net, BUT, TMZ already know about the death hoax, DONT YOU GUYS???

A MUST READ FOR ANY MIHAEL JACKSON FAN!!
Read PEARL Jr's new e-moviebook,It's the first of it's kind and it has some very interesting facts and links about The Michael Jackson Death Hoax!!
It's called *PSUEDOCIDE*
*DID MICHAEL JACKSON FAKE HIS DEATH TO SAVE HIS LIFE*

Point 2, Michael Jackson forgave his father years ago so why do people harp on about what a bad person JOE JACKSON is? NOT!!

Point 3, Even if michael was dead or died on 25/6/2009 Mr Joe Jackson has a God Given Right as a Father who loved his son to do whatever he can to bring Michael's Murderer or Murderer's to Justice!! This is also part of the Hoax!

Point 3, How come I know so much about the Michael Jackson Death Hoax? IT is because I have done my research before I open my mouth or put any comments on a website like TMZ

If you would like to leave a comment, Please do so as I do enjoy reading very much and would love to make some new contact's and friends*

Take Care and Keep The Faith
Angie x

donna

I feel it's a waste of time the whole trial. After OJ walking, Howard K Stern walking from the Anna Nicole Case, and other high profile cases....I don't have any faith in the court system. I know this is just another guy walking away from murdering or having a big part in killing someone. This Murray will just walk. If OJ can chop two people up and walk what do you think will happen in this case? I feel sorry for the kids and family. Because they are the ones who have to deal with this when all the camera's are gone and life gets back to normal. Murray did nothing right....he deserves to go to jail for along time and anyone siding with Murray is just as guilty. MJ was a man who needed help. Murray stepped up to help but not to protect MJ but to pump him up with drugs that ended up killing him. Any good doctor would turned down the money and never supplied MJ with drugs like Murray did, like he's some high ranked drug king pin. Well, I hope people don't allow the negative things in this case to turn against MJ. MJ is a good spirit. He's a beautiful person, not perfect, but who is? He's so talented, and had a heart of gold, and was a great father. I hope he gets the piece in the after life that he cold not get here on earth. Love you always Michael. God take care him.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11