« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tim Tebow's Super Bowl Ad -- That Was It?

2/8/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After weeks of hype and outrage, the Super Bowl commercial with Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow finally aired Sunday night -- so what was all the fuss about?

The ad, paid for by Focus on the Family, features Tim and his mom -- but doesn't make mention whatsoever of any political issue (*cough cough abortion).

If you want to be upset about anything that went on during the Super Bowl -- take your anger out on whoever booked The Who for the halftime show.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

oreo

The Who was not all that good, boring.

NakedReporta

If I didn't know who Focus On The Family was, and I didn't know who Tim Tebow was, and I saw this commercial, my first reaction would be that Focus On The Family must be a gay rights organization, because that woman's son looks like he is totally gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you, but c'mon. The hair? The colored bracelets? The shirt? The silly pop-up from the bottom of the screen (complete with "ooh" face) and the silly grin as he clutches onto her like some crappy Olan Mills portrait? The boy is practically screaming.

JL

Those guys at FocusontheFamily.com are genius. Totally used the hysteria of the wild eyed critics to pull millions onto their site to hear the "rest of the story." Loved the video of Bryan "Head" Welch that they had up on the site as well. Awesome!!

the DQ

She couldn't get an abortion, because abortions have been illegal in the Phillipines since the 1930's.

ASHTON CRUZ

Jesus Christ, was that a half time show or an 11 minute commercial for CBS' C.S.I. Franchise?? I kept on expecting David Caruso to come out and solve a crime or something. The Who? more like "The Who Cares?" Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

Donovan

The WHO halftime show was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best halftime shows EVER.

Long Live ROCK!

CB

I think the biggest problem people had with the commercial is that it directs people to the website "Focus on the Family", which, if you know their history, is a far right bigoted group, most recently known for promoting anti-gay legislation. This is simply a recruiting commercial to their far-right beliefs and political cause, which is normally shunned by broadcasters during events such as this.

Fred Farkel

Correction again:

That was a perfect ad for choice. The woman "chose" for the kid to live and here we are.

Now how about that?

The pro-abortion folks made damn fools out of themselves this time.

moveover

I totally agree with you about The Who at halftime. They SUCKED! But then, they were never much more than a crap band back in their day anyway. But the show yesterday was embarrassing. Once you've had Paul McCartney and the Stones ... you start working your way down the ladder from there, but there's still a lot of bands much better those guys.

stonecold

They get all over Brett Favre for being too old (40) to play football, but you have the geriatric Who looking like fools singing 35-year-old songs that were stupid when they were written. Pinball Wizard? Really? Oh boy...

Beena

CURSES JANET JACKSON AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE

No Comment

I thought The Who rocked it! When I heard they were going to be the half time show I was shocked. I didn't think they could pull it off and that they were playing it safe...again.

But they did it. They put on a great show!

Jo

The commercial was lame. The half-time was even more lame. But the two singers before the coin toss we absolutely horrible.

stonecold

36. I think the biggest problem people had with the commercial is that it directs people to the website "Focus on the Family", which, if you know their history, is a far right bigoted group, most recently known for promoting anti-gay legislation.

---------

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. Now I like 'em...

Artrina

All the crap the anti choice pro abortion people spewed and the Tim Tebow ad was the calmest ad that aired!!!! I hope they're pleased about the free publicity they gave the Focus on the Family people. No wonder CBS never even HINTED they weren't going to show the ad - they had screened it before they agreed to air it and KNEW it was harmless! Now the pro abortion anti choice people have to watch the websites their kids hit - and I hope their kids FLOCK to the site just to irritate the hell out of their parents!!!!