Dr. Murray As 'Inspirational' as Michael Jackson

2/10/2010 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the members of Dr. Conrad Murray's legal team says he's not concerned about the possibility of a downtown L.A. jury dominated by African Americans, because "Dr. Murray is as much of an inspiration as Michael Jackson was."

Dr. Murray As 'Inspirational' as Michael Jackson

J. Michael Flanagan tells TMZ Dr. Murray is a man of "humble means who became very successful" and a jury will appreciate that.

Flanagan also told us the defense team has received a summary of the official investigation, but he says the L.A. County District Attorney's Office has informed Murray's lawyers it will take several weeks before the D.A. gives them a copy of the full file.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

vicar

jamess

come on man the man is DEAD ....

u can`t sue DEAD man )) stupid people

Glendetta

"You're just another part of me!"

WillOTheWisp

Okay….didn’t I tell y’all a couple of days ago Murray was going to be looked at and treated as some kind of celebrity???????
It wasn’t a joke!! I just know how some people think….CRAZY!

janalal4

Mmmm, okay. Will the jury appreciate a 'humble man of little means' who becomes a doctor willing to sell off his hypocratic oath to the highest bidder knowing he does not have the skill required to do the job? Who takes reckless chances with someones life simply because the pay is so irresistable? These lawyers are really reaching in their assumptions about this jury's 'understanding'.

vulture

Unfortunately for Dr Murray, Michael wasn't a white chick living in Brentwood. They will convict him and they shouldn't. Justice is blind sometimes..

emily

funny guy!!

BeKewl

Do you think the Saints coach didn't plan to kick this on-side kick to Hank Baskett? Of course. Probably he thought hour after hour about who to on-side kick it to and chose Hank Baskett even before the game began. So to say this isn't Hank's fault is stupid. If you were the Saints coach, you would've also kicked it to a third-rate receiver.

Casey

Suppose you get a mostly African American jury. I guarantee you that someone on the jury will oppose child rape, and that will help Murray. I guarantee you that someone on that jury will be proud of their Black heritagae, and that will help Murray. Things are looking pretty good for Murry right now, if you ask me. The worst he faces is conviction on a manslaughter charge. That's no big deal.

And thats the truth

I wonder if Flanagan actually believes what is coming out of his mouth because I sure as h*ll dont! He must think that people are pretty stupid to believe that!

time

"...humble means" with low ethical standards; moronic thinking capacity. He has little value for human life. Now he is trying to get out of it. When you do the crime you do the time. No excuses. Such a dangerous drug and you to not have the proper heart stimulating medication and equipment in place? This is so bad; it is difficult to fully appreciate it. It is just shocking.

maybesomeday

I just hope the jury doesn't get confused from the evidence that will be presented to them.

Steph

I hope Murray ROTS in jail!

cybercybil

I'm black and I say Dr. Murray needs some new lawyers ASAP, cause this one is spouting pure stupidity.

The woods

I don't beleive for one minute this man had any mean or thoughtless intent.
He was just being a human friend to MJ trying to give his friend what he asked for... had human nature not taken over ... we would not even be here talking about this ,,, nothing would be wrong today.

MJ is crying from the grave ... he would not have wanted this for his buddy.
Remember MJ is about LOVE PEACE ...Not making another suffer like he did.

NONE of this WILL bring The beauiful MJ BACK :(