Designer Alexander McQueen Dies

2/11/2010 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

International fashion designer Alexander McQueen was found dead in his London home this morning, this according to a spokesperson for his company.

Alexander McQueen
There are reports claiming McQueen took his own life -- but so far, an official cause of death has not been released.

The UK media organization, Sky News, is reporting that McQueen was found hanged in his apartment. Sky News also reports that local police have said the death would not be "treated as suspicious."

A rep from McQueen's office just released a statement saying, "At this stage it is inappropriate to comment on this tragic news beyond saying that we are devastated and are sharing a sense of shock and grief with [McQueen's] family."

Alexander McQueen

moveover

His mother died last week. So, at 40 yrs old, he couldn't stand the thought of going on without his Mommy? Okayyyyy, sorry, but that's a little weird.

mia

I am SO sad! :-(

mia

To those of you who are criticizing the late McQueen ... you need to understand that YOU are pathetic for writing such uncaring and hypercritical posts. YOU have a problem. YOU should take a good look at yourselves and figure out why you are sociopaths lacking any empathy. If you can't do it on your own, there are plenty of psychiatrists and psychologists available to help you. Life is much better when you can feel sorry for someone else.

tsk tsk

Thanks for your judgement Dr. T.

If you read the comment (mine in particular) I feel sorry for his family. Sorry for him? Sure I am sorry he couldnt deal with reality and took an easy route out to make even more people suffer with his selfish choices because his almighty dollar couldnt fix this problem.

He should of used some of that money for his own counseling.

Bren

tsk tsk: you obviously have never been depressed before. Depression leaves a person feeling hopeless of ever getting better, so it is hard for them to go get the help they need. A person who has depression is suffering, and it is normal for a person to want to end their suffering. Unfortunately they just go about it the wrong way, because they don't see any other way. It isn't that they are selfish, it is just that they have so much going on in their heads that they can't think of anything else but end their suffering. I wouldn't exactly think that facing death is an easy route.

People need to understand what depression is...it isn't just feeling bad or sad, and a person can't just snap out of it. Take some time to read about it.

tsk tsk

Your right it is normal for people to want suffering to end. It ISNT normal for people to kill themselves because something goes awry in their life instead of reaching out for help in such a despondent state.

Again, I am sorry for his moms passing and his hurt because I to have lost my own mother and know of the sadness that follows but, suicide is a permanent end to a temporary problem/issue or hill to climb.

There is way to much help out there for EVERYONE with any problems and this was completely unnecessary and a complete waste of a persons life. Now more hurt follows and even more people are affected by his mothers passing.

You cant justify a suicide to me or anyone else. If you feel you can then you may want to rethink your comments.

RDMJ20

Wow this is some crazy news, I have a few suits from his label. R.I.P.

adonna

"The 40-year-old designer often designed outfits for Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Prince Charles."

Prince Charles must be thrilled to be lumped in with these 2.

mia

Queen Victoria, thank you for making me laugh a little bit. :-)

My absolute favorite McQueen collection: men's RTW fall 2009. The return of men who look like men.

skipabeat

momlogic, what is that? Never heard of you guys T.M.Z. RULES!!!!!!

skipabeat

14 what the heck are you saying? L.O.V.E.

skipabeat

35. Lady Gaga and her clothes are awesome!!!! She puts as much thought into her clothes as she does her songs... When she writes a song she thinks of what clothes would be best suitable... Now that is genius.. You could never do that one!!! L.O.V.E.

skipabeat

I love Mickey Mouse.. I love Peter Pan.. I love our joker and I love BOO! L.O.V.E.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4