Trace Adkins' Tour Bus Involved in Fatal Crash

2/13/2010 2:59 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Trace AdkinsA pickup truck crashed into one of Trace Adkins' tour buses this morning, killing two people in the pickup truck ... this according to Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana.

Adkins was not on board the bus at the time.

None of Adkins' band members were thought to have suffered serious injuries, but Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator told KTBS he believed both men in the pickup were killed on impact. The pickup truck crossed the center line and crashed into the tour bus, Prator told the station.

Sgt. Michael Gray tells us they believe the pickup was coming from a casino.

Adkins is scheduled to perform a concert with Martina McBride tonight in Bossier City, LA. The venue says, as of now, the show will continue as scheduled.

Lori

For those of you who are disrespectful & say the driver was drunk or it just killed some hicks & things like that, you are wrong!! The 2 men were very good people. I know them personally. They left behind lots of family & friends & we are all still grieving! One of them had a wife & 3 small children!! Have you not ever lost a loved one?! How about 2 at the same time & buried them the same day?!?!?! They were NOT drunk & were NOT just hicks!!!! So until you know the details keep your mouth shut & don't be talking smack where EVERYONE can read it!! You don't have any idea how upsetting it is to read disrespectful comments like that about loved ones!!!!! Karma will get you!

Joanne

What a sad thing to read about-- first thing in the morning. I wonder if the driver of the pick up truck was drunk? My brother was killed when another driver hit his car head on, coming from the other direction. My brother was driving a Renault Dauphine.

Anne Beckwith Howard

My cousin Wayne Addleman was most likely on that tour bus. He plays pedal steel for Trace Adkins. Please post any info anyone has on the injury status of his band members. I'm also trying to get any info through family sources, but so far I know more than they do, since I'm online hearing this first. PLEASE help me if you can!

Ed

Probably just killed some hick's no biggie..

Suthernpeach

I'm from Caddo Parish (shreveport). Not all of us are Hicks. I went to the same University that Trace went to and I'm not a hick, coonass or a redneck. And yes, there is still snow on the ground here.

Suthernpeach

Copied and Pasted from www.KTBS.com
A pickup crashed head-on into a tour bus carrying the band of country music singer Trace Adkins in north Caddo Parish on Saturday, killing two men in the truck and injuring five band members.
Adkins, a native of Webster Parish, is scheduled to perform a concert with Martina McBride Saturday night at CenturyTel. According to a spokesperson for the CenturyTel, Adkins has decided to go on with the show. Officials say he will perform a solo acoustic set.
Adkins was not on the bus. He was already in Bossier City.
None of the band members’ injuries is believed to be serious, Caddo Sheriff Steve Prator said.
One band member required stitches, another was taken to the hospital in Vivian for observation and three others were walking around, Prator said. Four others on the tour bus were not hurt, Prator said.
Adkins went to the accident scene in a van, picked up the uninjured members of his band and went to the hospital in Vivian to check on the others.
“He was extremely concerned, as you might expect,” Prator said of Adkins. “He was comforting the band members. He helped them load their luggage and then headed to the hospital.”
The accident happened at 9:30 a.m. on U.S. 71, four miles south of Ida in far north Caddo Parish.
Prator said the pickup had been swerving before it crossed the center line and hit the tour bus. Both men in the pickup were apparently killed on impact, Prator said. Deputies were interviewing witnesses and trying to determine why the pickup was swerving.

Rose

Drunk driving will kill you.

Mr R

youtube-Trace Adkins "Wayfaring Stranger" at the Opra .

veina

I know one of the guys killed in the wreck, he was not a hick. He was a good guy, wonderful friend and son. He will greatly be missed

Frank

The determination involved in building a blog this powerful, is not just in
words but in action. Just a way of saying that I love your blog.
Internet Marketing Academy

Penny

I am glad that most are ok and send prayers for the families of the 2 who lost their lives. If you can't say something nice, please say nothing at all. We are talking about peoples lives here. Be respectful.

tlc

It don't matter if they were hicks . They were real people with families. I didnt know them or #3 .But he sounds like a very unhappy person who needs to work on himself before judging others. The few words he posted really showed his ignorance. Only God can help him, my prayers for the families is that God will wrap his arms around them and bring them peace during this time.

al

Anyone remember that story about Trace Adkins getting shot in the chest? Seems one of his ex wifes or girlfriends shot him in self defense whenever he was beating the crap out of her. Class act. Wasn't he the original Chris Brown?

CPA

3. Probably just killed some hick's no biggie..

Posted at 2:16PM on Feb 13th 2010 by ed
--------------------------------------------------------------

What a sad & sick comment!

katrina

Thank you number 11 My brother was best friends with jeff and my son was friends with justin. There re some people who are to stupid to have an opinion. (#3). Jeff left 3 little kids and was a good man and hard worker. #3 just hope nothing like this happens to you or your family wounder what they would say about you....MMMMM That you are stupid

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments