Brittany Murphy's Dad: I Was Denied from Grave

2/17/2010 10:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brittany Murphy's father claims he was turned away from the cemetery where his daughter is buried after he asked officials to point him in the direction of the star's final resting place.

TMZ spoke with Angelo Bertolotti, who told us it all went down Monday afternoon when he arrived at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills and asked several employees for directions to Brittany's grave.

Bertolotti claims he was directed to the main office where officials refused to give him any information about his daughter ... despite the fact that Bertolotti claims he offered to provide proof of his relationship to Brittany.

FYI -- Bertolotti is not listed on Brittany's death certificate ... the section marked "father" was left blank.

Bertolotti tells us he was "raging" after being denied ... especially because he brought a special trinket to place on Brittany's grave.

A Forest Lawn rep tells TMZ, their policy is to allow people with proof of a relationship to a deceased person, access to the gravesite. The rep says they're checking into what happened with Mr. Bertolotti.

But Bertolotti isn't done fighting -- he says he's going to the L.A. County Coroner's Office today to get his name on Brittany's death certificate.

confucius

Queef

JLS

If he is her father then Sharon, her mother, has done a terrible thing to him. Perhaps she didn't realize he isn't on her death certificate. She'd better fix this ASAP. Brittany would want it corrected.

Kourt

How sad! Simon is obviously trying to control Brittany from the grave. How sad is it that the poor man can't even visit his daughter to pay respects? Who knows why he was not on the death certif or what went down in the past, but it's over now. She's dead! Let him visit his daughter's grave!

gagaoolala

Shame on you SIMON and SHARON. Shame on FOREST LAWN.

FATHER denied access! Fans kicked out!

R

Brittany was a dear family friend and although I had tried to contact her many times during 2008 and 2009, Simon always had his say in whether or not she was able to speak to me! This man has been bad news since day 1! He controlled her every move while she was breathing and is still trying to do so as she TRIES to rest in peace! What a shame!

Martin Bormann

Brittany's old man is like 90 years old! That pretty much sums it all up. He was 60 when he boinked the old lady who was like 20. And out popped Brittany. Given all this madness, is it any surprise the old lady is nuts and still lived with the daughter, and the dependent husband is nuts and lived with the old lady, and the daughter was deathly ill and no one noticed.
Sad all the way around.
Brittany's only hope was to escape the madness. Sadly, she found a way to do so.

dee

DNA does not a father make.

why?

I saw the mom and the hubby on Larry King and it was very very creepy. There is something majorly dysfunctional going on there. Sometimes people just need to divorce their families for their own good. Some people just can't comprehend that, it is very hard. Bill Mahr used to say," I have many family members I would not associate with if they were people I just met but because they are family it is expected to be social with them" Unfortunately I so get that.If your family is controlling or dysfunction then you have a moral obligation to exit the relationship because dysfunctionalism is contagious and you put yourself at risk unnecessarily.

j

Why did Britt sign her house over to Simon and Simon alone in 08? It is time to stop giving both Sharon and Simon the grieving her loss card.If they are opening their mouths you better check the facts. Make your own op-ion from the exclusive articles and shows transcripts below. It does not take a sherlock Holmes to know their lying about the morning of her death. Not sure about TMZs other stories but they got Simon and prescription Mary down cold.

oh by the way,

I did know them as a couple and mommy script dearest personally

tmz:

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

us quoting tmz:

The notes state Murphy "had been complaining of shortness of breath and severe abdominal pain" for 7 to 10 days prior to her death.
Around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, she went into the bathroom of her Hollywood Hills home and shut the door, according to the notes.
A half hour later Murphy's mother, Sharon, went to check on her daughter, opened the bathroom door and "discovered the descedent lying on the floor unresponsive," the notes read.
See Brittany Murphy's most unforgettable roles
According to the notes, Sharon yelled for help. Murphy's husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, who was in bed, ran to the bathroom.
The notes reveal that Sharon called 911 and Monjack "attempted to revive the descedent by placing her in the shower and running the water." But Murphy "remained unresponsive and purged her stomach contents prior to the arrival of the paramedics," according to the notes

FIRST PUBLISHED: December 21, 2009 5:28 PM EST

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Just one day after the death of Brittany Murphy, her husband Simon Monjack has spoken out exclusively to Access Hollywood about the untimely loss of his wife....... As far as what happened inside the actress’ home early Sunday, when Murphy was found unresponsive in the shower, Monjack said up to that point, it had just been “a regular day.”
“[Her mother] Sharon went into the bathroom because she had been in there a long time. Her mom screamed for me and I ran. Then called 911,” he revealed.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a 911 call from the home at 8 AM on Sunday and eventually transported Murphy to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. She was pronounced dead at the facility at 10:04

exclusive daily beast:

Monjack described for the first time the morning that Brittany died in his Hollywood Hills house. She had gone to the bathroom shortly before 8 a.m. “That was her comfort zone in our very huge home,” he says. “It was the only Brittany-size room.” There was a small table, and she often spent hours there. When her mother went to talk to her, she found her laying on the floor unconscious, and yelled out for Simon.

this is larry king fri quote:

“What happened that day (she died) was Brittany had laryngitis. I have no idea what to do with laryngitis. I’m a rabbi, not a doctor, so I pray instead of prescribe. So I asked Sharon to come down. We’d been talking, anyway, half the night… We were planning to move to New York, have a baby… We were talking about baby names.
“I asked Sharon to come down and Sharon came down. Brittany, for the first time, was almost fighting for air. Her eyes were not right. They were darting off left, right and center.
“That morning she woke up (and) she couldn’t breathe. She went out to get some air. Sharon followed her out. I’ll say this, because I know you (Sharon) can’t. She said, ‘Mom, I’m dying. I love you.’”
Murphy’s mum Sharon adds, “From when she collapsed, I was with her in the bathroom. And I was sitting across from her with her little puppy, Clara. And she said, ‘Mommy, please hug me.’ And I went to get up and she just collapsed like right there.”

Jake

Join a FREE fun site to earn points and buy prizes all from AMAZON!

MsDiva

Maybe there is more to this story. These two had a website trying to get money for themselves. This sounds a little strange to me personally.

samper

Brittany's COUSIN provided the death certificate information, which is in and of itself a little odd, seeing the mother and husband were available to do so. I can't imagine being so "distraught" with the death that they couldn't handle legalities themselves.

That aside, isn't this the same "father" who couldn't be bothered to attend the funeral? So why does he want to visit NOW?

Mother and Husband are VERY suspicious.

samper

If they want to do "charity work" in Brittany's name, why don't they use the money she left behind? Why don't they get jobs and use their own money? Why are they begging the public for cash? Why aren't they doing it legally by filing with appropriate agencies? They could sell the house, live more modestly and use the proceeds for "charity".

The "charity" thing is a complete farce.

Besides, she wasn't all THAT famous... how much could they really raise? She's already all but forgotten in the headlines and folks have moved on.

I'd be curious to know how much they raised and are "returning". Not much, I'm sure.

Barbie

#15 samper - The family didn't want him at the funeral....he was barred from attending. Then I suppose to save face he went on to say he didn't want to see her like that, that he wanted to just remember her the way she was.

I do agree however about the death certificate information being given by a cousin. If Simon was so distraught, why is it that he was able to appear on a entertainment show the very next day after she passed away ?

And when did this rule about visiting someone gravesite you have to provide proof of your relationship with them ? I guess only in Scarywood is that required.

Britany's not rest in peace. Not with Mom and Simon still running around trying so desperately to make money off her death.

stonecold

If he would have raised his daughter better she'd probably still be alive.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments