Kevin Smith -- Too Big to Fly Commercial

2/18/2010 8:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kevin Smith ain't gonna settle for another airline diss -- we've learned he just canceled his United Airlines flight to New York City and opted for a private jet ... the seats are smaller, but you don't get kicked off the plane.

To be fair, United didn't boot Kevin -- Southwest did.

We're told Kevin is taking a corporate jet to NYC -- probably Warner Bros. because he's going there to promote "Cop Out."

MaMaMia55

I know everyone is calling him fat, but does anyone really know how much he weighs ? Cause all I ever see of him, is HEAD SHOTS..!!!

Greg

Southwest doesn't have a first class section. They only fly short runs up and down the west coast and to Vegas. Bluntman was able to fit in his seat comfortably with both armrests in a down position and with his seat belt fastened without the use of an extender. Therefore he met all of Southwest's requirements and shouldn't have been booted from the plane.

No Comment

My husband was on a flight a couple of years ago and an extremely overweight woman sat in a middle seat next to him and had to lean to the side to fit. The woman's pocketbook kept falling into his seat and he asked her if she could please put it under her seat she started to complain that he was making her uncomfortable. He turned to her and said well your fat ass is making me uncomfortable. At the layover the flight attendant asked my husband if he would like to take a later flight and accept 10,000 miles because they couldn't move either one of them because it was a full flight. My husband said, "Hell no, it will be a cold day in hell when I am inconvenienced because she can't control her eating."

I am sorry, the people who do their best to stay healthy by not allowing themselves to become obese should not be punished because other people don't have the same respect for themselves.

The staff had every right to do what they did. I am a frequent flier on Southwest and will continue to be one.

Greg

Southwest gives out points, not miles. And they sure as heck didn't give your hubby 10,000 points. Next time you make up a lie get your facts straight.

Greg

Yeah, Smith is 5' 9 1/2" and weighs 255.

Jenny

maybe fatty should fix his fat self, quit complaining. huge slug....

$$$

must be nice...

Why didn't he do that in the first place??

anna

It must be nice when you don't have to pay for the private plane. Yet when he has to pay, he use to fly southwest airlines.

Debi

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES IS A HUGE DISCRIMINATOR! SOUTHWEST AIRLINE SUCKS & I WOULD NEVER LET MYSELF NOR MY FAMILY OR A PET RIDE ON THEM! KEVIN IS COMPLETELY RIGHT!

Bobo Frog

What a loser...

Warren

Can someone please(I'm begging you) throw this loud mouth, vulgar, untalented, fatty, out the plane door without a chute.

vjd

Why the comment about United? Also, I say on TV that this guy had purchased two seats on his original Southwest flt but decided to go on another one. He was aware of his size and SW's policy already? No?

J C

Somebody has a movie coming out and needs free publicity.
Oh .I wonder who that person is?

Tbish

I applaud Southwest for kicking his fat butt off the plane. Amen!! Finally someone is willing to stand up and say no more! I pay full price for my seat and then some big, fat, undisciplined pig tries to squish in next to me- no thanks! Go on a diet!! Slob.

mark

Nice to see TMZ still has the story wrong. If anybody had bothered to listen to the full SModcast (Kevin's podcast) you would have figured out he wasn't mad because he was supposedly too fat to fly Southwest. Southwest's guidelines on "person of size" seating is that you must be able to put both arm rests down, which Kevin was able to do. He was made because he fit within the guidelines, yet they still kicked him off the flight. I'd be mad too if I got kicked off a flight when I didn't break a rule...essentially kicked off for no reason.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments