'Deadliest Catch' Star Busted for DUI

2/19/2010 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

'Deadliest Catch' Star Jake HarrisTMZ has learned "Deadliest Catch" star Jake Harris is currently behind bars -- after cops say the 24-year-old got into a car crash while intoxicated late last night.

Washington State troopers have confirmed that Jake -- whose father Captain Phil Harris passed away earlier this month -- was arrested in Seattle on suspicion of DUI, hit and run, and driving with a suspended license ... all three misdemeanors.

Jake was taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked.

Bail was set at $1,500.

Sweety

This is absolutely heartbreaking. He's lost his dad and now he's acting out in dangerous ways. It's actually a good thing he's in jail, he's obviously a danger to himself and others right now. I hope he gets some help.

Andrea13

if he hasn't gotten into trouble like this before they'll say it's bc his dad died, guaranteed!

LA

So sad...hopefully they will give him a break and let him go throuth a treatment facility because what he did could have killed someone or himself but he just lost his Dad...and I think any of us who love our Dads and lost them can understand he just dealt with numbing the pain the quickest way he knew how.

judie_hairchik

Poor kid! His Dad just died! Of course he would be drinking! Somebody help him please!

Jerry Martin

Stupid move, but I can't blame him after just losing his old man.

hahahaha!

He's 24, just went through a family tragedy, hopefully this will be a lesson learned and family and friend will see he needs some help coping.

Artrina

Awww Jake! No matter how bad things are 'ya don't get behind the wheel drunk! I hope no one was hurt in the accident and Jake gets some help dealing with his grief!

YOUCH

WOW If he was "only" DUI I could understand why but hit and run is not understandable.

bootzy

What BS! This is the problem, lock him UP!!!! Make DUI a FELONY and geeeeez hit and run a a misdemeanor...WHAT

Sandy Beaches

Wow, if only his old man was still around. He would have stuck his boot so far up Jake's ass, he'd be wearing it like a hat.

While I sympathize with him losing his dad, DUI, that is just so not cool.

Dan

I hope this isn't a habit for him.. especially if he's supposed to take over his Dads ship.

Iowaguy

Damn. Some people handle death and tragedy in different ways. I hope he can understand what he has done, resolve it and get on with his life. We all make mistake, we just need to learn from them and not repeat them. God Bless Jake

Do not wanna reveal

This is so sad. I hope that Jake gets the help he obviously needs, and I sincerely hope that the judge gives him a break because of Jake's recent family tragedy-losing his father in such a heartbreaking way.

TakeThisWarning

It's extremely sad how young his father died and I know it must be very hard for him. Not only losing his father but I'm sure his show and income are also in jeopardy.. his father was entertaining to watch and without him the show wont be on much longer.

I hope he gets the help he needs and takes this warning at face value. I'd hate to see him locked up, injuring or killing someone while driving drunk or even hurting or killing himself.

He needs whatever family and friends he has now more than ever.

YOURfather