'Flavor of Love' Star Arrested for Child Cruelty

2/19/2010 9:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the stars of the VH1 show "Flavor of Love" was arrested in Georgia -- after cops say "Hotlanta" got violent in a mysterious incident involving a child.

Hotlanta -- aka 29-year-old Nicole Essigmann -- was arrested in Cobb County on January 30th on two counts of simple battery and one count of cruelty to children.

Essigmann -- listed at 5'4" and 130 lbs -- was in custody for one day before a company called "Bond James Bond" helped her front the $2,500 bond.

Paloma

Damn! Something told me it would be Hotlanta. It's a wonder what make-up & hairspray can do. I always thought she was the pretty one on the show too. I actually thought she was going to win for a minute. Hmm...I wonder if Flav ever did marry his baby mama that he picked over the winner. I don’t even remember who won. His baby mama was hella uglier than this chick...then again, we are talking about Flavor Flav so I suppose anything goes.

Bring 'Em Young

She looks like that Palin girl that's exploiting her own kid like her mother had exploited her.

NIKKY JAMZ AKA HOTLANTA

WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN...MEDIA..MEDIA...MEDIA.
I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE NIGHTMARE THIS HAS CAUSED MY FAMILY AND I WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO MY FANS.I FEEL LIKE TIGER WOODS...STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY...THATS THE TRUTH THOUGH. I WAS ARRESTED IN COBB COUNTY FOR TWO COUNTS OF SIMPLE BATTERY WITH HARM AND ONE COUNT OF CRUELTY TO CHILDREN IN THE 3RD DEGREE. I AM NOT ABLE TO RELEASE DETAILS DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT IS UNDER INVESTIGATION. I WILL SAY THAT I GOT INTO AN ALTERCATION WITH AN INDIVIDUAL DURING THE EXCHANGE OF MY YOUNGEST SON. I WAS WAITING OUTSIDE IN A VEHICLE WHILE MY MOTHER WENT INTO THE HOME INVITED TO GET MY SON. ME AND MY FATHER HEARD MY MOM SCREAMING WHEN SHE CAME OUT THE DOOR ONE INDIVIDUAL HAD AHOLD OF MY MOTHER AND THE OTHER HAD MY MOTHER IN A HEADLOCK. I DID WHAT ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL IN MY SHOES WOULD HAVE DONE...I DEFENDED MY MOTHER AND STOOD MY GROUND. IN GEORGIA WHEN A MINOR WITNESSES THE INCIDENT IT IS CONSIDERED CRUELTY TO CHILDREN IN THE 3RD DEGREE. I STILL BELIEVE THAT VIOLENCE IS NOT THE RESOLUTION TO CONFLICT, HOWEVER I WAS IN A SITUATION THAT I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO.DONT START NO WONT BE NO. THE SYSTEM HOWEVER IS SET TO WHERE YOU ARE GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT AND I WILL HAVE MY DAY IN COURT WHICH I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING THIS ALL TAKEN CARE OF. I DONT DO DRAMA,IM A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MY PAPER, MY FAMILY AND MY CHILDREN I DO NOT PLAY ANY GAMES. I AM HOTLANTA, I AM GOING TO CONTINUE TO PUT ON FOR MY CITY,I AM GOING TO CONTINUE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN MY COMMUNITY,I AM GOING TO CONTINUE TO CHANGE LIVES AND CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR STRENGTH THROUGH THESE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS. ITS FUNNY HOW SOMEONES SUCCESS BRINGS PAIN SUMS UP THIS WHOLE SITUATION. MY BOYS I LIVE FOR EVERYDAY, I WOULD DIE FOR MY BOYS,I WOULD KILL FOR MY BOYS THAT DOESNT MAKE ME HOT-MESS HOTLANTA THAT MAKES ME A MOTHER.

TO ANYONE READING THIS THAT IS PLANNING ON BEING SUCCESSFUL EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE SACRAFICE OF KISSING FLAVA FLAV TO DO SO....ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THAT ONCE YOU PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE, YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE PEOPLE IN YOUR BUISNESS, YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR PRIVACY AND YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE PEOPLE SAYING THINGS ABOUT YOU THAT DONT KNOW YOU...BRUSH EM OFF....LET YOUR HATERS BE YOUR MOTIVATORS AND PUT THAT MOTIVATION TOWARDS TURNING YOUR DREAMS INTO REALITY. IM A REALITY STAR AND NO ONE KNOWS THE ACTUAL REALITY OF MINE.

THANKS FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!
XOXOXO,
NIKKY JAMZ AKA HOTLANTA

AT LEAST I LOOK BETTER THAN LOHAN IN MY MUGSHOT...LMAO

to little

Who is this nobody???? Just another attention whore??? And if that is true why wasn't the people in the house charged with child cruelty? Who calls themselves "hotlanta". Way to many reality shows with way to many losers on them

Corinna

She's the Caucasian female version of Gary Coleman...

SO Wrong

Damn...51 Minds really has a messed up cast of losers! No background checks??

voodoozombie

Ah yes, good old Bond James Bond...they're right down the road from my house! We've also got "Bond Girl Bail Bonds" near the jail!

Lisa

I don't remember her.

Another pointless story....

Ha I pass there on the way to work every day, crazy. Also live by McEachern High, sad stuff about the kid being killed by mother's boyfriend. :(

Jerry Martin

Hotlanta? Try Piglanta.

Harveyso gay

how catty is TMZ, mentioning her height and weight like that.....

Kimposter

CLASSY!! Just like that show was. NOT!!

promotertv

i know her shouts out to tmz for calling me to get her to give her side of the story.. babydaddy and his sister gave the first blow amd she spank that azz he call the cops when she left lol and in ga if the chid sees it thats call cruelty to children. wow

mary hunt

What can we expect from someone that thinks it is a good idea to spend weeks in a house with a bunch of women begging for attention from a man with a short man complex that has gold teeth and a large clock around his neck that he can not even set by himself.