Shane Sparks: The D.A. Stood Me Up!

2/19/2010 5:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"America's Best Dance Crew" judge Shane Sparks had a date in court today in Los Angeles for his child molestation case -- but the D.A. bailed on the arraignment and the judge was pissed!

Shane Sparks: Click to watch
The judge still gave the D.A. until next Tuesday to file a response to Sparks' motion to dismiss the case.

Outside court, Sparks was confident he'd beat the rap and "take over the dance world" soon.

The case was continued until March.

UPDATE: We spoke to D.A. who missed the hearing, who said she had another case at the same time and it's all just a misunderstanding.

DOODAD

So which is it, next Tuesday, or March?

jackie.m

this guy is pucking pig dog, pig dog, pig dog. STAY AWAY from kids you pucking sicko

QuestionEverything

so the pedophile stays free for now?

Dani

What a piece of crap! I hope the Judge takes a bite out of the DA! How unprofessional! Sparks will fly!

Living WITH color in America

I wonder why it is that EVERYTIME a person of color is accused of anything in America they are automatically guilty BEFORE their trial? I thought it was innocent UNTIL proven guilty. What a great justice system!! The DA does NOT show up, for whatever reason, for a case that happened in the late 90's involving childern. I would hate to live, raise my child, AND be tried for ANYTHING in whatever po-dunk town that has a DA THAT sorry. I guess the assistant DA was also too busy to do their job, if there is one. Dont get me wrong, child abusers should atleast get 10-20 years. IF there was kids being abused, why wait so long? Guess he didnt have enough $$ at the time and it wasnt worth it. Thats just MY personal view. I AM a female and I dont care WHO u are, if u violate me in ANY kind of way Im going to tell it ALL. Especially to my parents! Guess with the economy so bad what better time to make a buck. We know he got it!! This is his second reality show with 4 seasons under his belt AND he works for Randy Jackson. Money to blow, I see yall tring to get it in!!

drrntod

Wow! So the accuser waits until a guy is famous before making their accusations. Seems fishy to me. I'm not saying he's guilty or not guilty, but 13-15 years after a crime? I guess it was the 'shock' and the 'trauma' of underage sexual encounters...or maybe it was the money...I guess we'll see.