'Growing Pains' Star -- Battling Depression

2/21/2010 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Andrew KoenigThe parents of Andrew Koenig -- who has reportedly been missing for the past week -- described their son as "suffering from depression" and "not doing good" in the days leading up to his disappearance.

Judy and Walter Koenig (who played Pavel Chekov in the "Star Trek" series) tell TMZ the last time they heard from Andrew was on February 9. They say his cell phone is turned off and that they have learned the last time his phone received a text was on February 16 in Vancouver.

They say he was last seen at a bakery in the Stanley Park area of Vancouver.

The Koenigs tell TMZ they plan to fly up to Vancouver in the next few days. They feel the police in Vancouver have been doing a good job so far.

Lance Miccio, who worked with Koenig on several projects, tells TMZ he reached out to Koenig about a project two weeks ago but Koenig passed, saying he was "not going to work anymore."

Right around that time, Miccio says Koenig dropped off a bag of Miccio's stuff. Miccio says he hasn't spoken to Koenig since.

Miccio also said he thought Koenig was "suffering from depression."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Ruby

I loved Growing Pains when I was little and always thought Boner was hilarious. This article made me feel old... and sad for the guy. I hope he's okay and his family finds him alright. Vancouver is pretty, but as others said - There is a lot of crime and seediness there like in any big city... and especially right now, I can imagine, with the Olympics going on.

Millie

He is just a tiny little hobbit, only 5'5".....they should be looking under tables, chairs, bushes etc, he could be anywhere!

Lovejac23

Please, call your parents, talk to a counselor if needed and go back to work. I still think your the cats meow! You have a lot of fans out here who wish you the best. Remember that if things are not going well for you---there are thousands of more people who have it far worse. Get it together.

pickedlastingym

He was amazing as the Joker in Batman: Dead end. Hope he can come back and build on that.

Mariah

Why didn't they clarify the damm character he played on Growing Pains if that was supposed to be the draw that made us look at this stupid story to begin with? You say "Growing Pains" star and then proceed to name a different character he played on a different show? How stupid...

Nic

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH #30. Depression is REAL for some of us, regardless of having a job or not. Try walking around with a dark cloud over your head for your ENTIRE life and not just during rough economic times. It's not easy. I was REALLY disgusted when reading #18. I never post comments, but that one just made my VERY irrate. Clearly, some people need to be better educated on the topic of depression and suicide.

909Chellie

I'm battling depression myself and it is a very difficult & insiduous disease. I barely feel like getting out of bed everyday and coming to work is all I can do. If I don't cry today, it would be a major accomplishment. Where ever he is, I hope he is okay and maybe just taking some time off. Take care Andrew.

Barbara

Depression can be devastating. I know from personal experience. I truly hope and pray that Andrew is OK, and back with his family again soon. What a beautiful and sweet guy he looks to be from that picture.

Patti Lee

What does TMZ stand for?

Michael

Andrew if you are reading this buddy send me an email. You don't know me, I don't know you but you are welcome to come here and hang our or hide out as long as you are safe.
I know he is in his 40's but he sounds like a lost kid to me. I have been there,done that and let me tell you it's a lonily place to be. Thank God for all my friends who helped me through a difficult time in my own mind. Some one find this guy and just be there for him. Let's hope he is just hiding out somewhere trying to figure life out on his own which is impossible. He needs someone, anyone. God Bless You Dude, It Does Get Better!

Cappy Lills Kid

I hope this kid doesn't pull a Barry Cowsill

Mariah

He looks kind. Beautiful, warm eyes.

CC

TMZ - Although I have a funny feeling that politics has something to do with it...TMZ - If you are going to block certain email addresses from posting on these forums, then you are the biggest hypocrites on the planet if you don't block (poster 94. U R A Bimbo 4 sho) THIS guy right here ----------->

Oh please shut the f*ck up! Once again I hope they find him.

Posted at 11:35PM on Feb 21st 2010 by kiss my azz

Skank ass slum ho! What number were you in the line of Tigers bimbos? What? Number 69? Your brain cells are dead from left over bimbo juices! Good luck with that!

Posted at 11:57PM on Feb 21st 2010 by U R A Bimbo 4 sho

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/21/growing-pains-andrew-koenig-depression-missing/7#comments#ixzz0gLSm2LCL

LIZZY

that is so sad and he was so handsome hes parents should had checked on him more often

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7