Charlie Sheen's Wife

Bails on Rehab Facility

2/22/2010 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's Wife Brooke MuellerTMZ has learned Charlie Sheen's wife, Brooke Mueller, has left a Malibu rehab facility because of a serious privacy breach.

Sources tell TMZ Brooke is no longer at The Canyon in Malibu, after someone from the staff sent a patient admissions document to various members of the media -- including TMZ. The document is very specific about the circumstances surrounding Brooke's admission. We declined to publish it.

We're told the facility acknowledges the breach and is conducting an internal investigation ... nonetheless Brooke bailed and is now in the process of entering a new facility. She is currently staying at a home in L.A.

As we first reported, Brooke checked into The Canyon earlier this month for substance abuse.

Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller

that.is.all

And?

Rachel

While I'm not sure if her rehab stint was sincere or to save face, I think it's despicable that a staff member would release such private info to the media. I hope the internal investigation is successful and the employee gets their ass fired.

CrazyBitch

Bitch should realize that it's our public right to know why she was admitted to rehab.

Mary

Can you actually give the woman a break. If any one of the TMZ staff was in Rehab would you actually post information about there stay, so that the world would know. Yes, she is in the spotlight, but she deserves some privacy.

JLS

It's against FEDERAL LAW to do what this worker in the rehab facility did. HIPPA provides privacy with regard to medical records. It's not our right to know everything about these celebs. That's absurd. I feel badly that she's trying to get help and somebody else blocked her rights. That's really terrible! She's trying. YOU try supporting her and not being so toxic here.

Annom Woman

I don't know what I'd do if my medical info was released for everyone to see. People need to feel safe when it comes to asking for help. Sharing medical info is definately crossing the line. This is why so many victums of assults, etc. do not seek/ask for help.

We do not have a right to see anyone medical info!!!!

I want people to get the help they need and deserve. It's beneficial for us as a society to have healthy and happy individuals.

Everyone needs to have a safe place to go when they are not well.

Henchy

Some things need to be respected. How about Dr./Client privalage for the rights of the patient. The "Leaker" should be brought up on some charges and respect the over-priced fee and confidential rights from the payee. Someone's always looking to make a buck..

messygirl

What a great excuse to bail out on rehab again. Keep 'em coming!

barb

If my records were leaked, everyone would know I'm a nympho...

Crystal

Its sad! She goes and tries to get help and someone does this! Its wrong! Good Job TMZ for not publishing this!!! I hope that person goes to jail! Brooke get into another facility, dont let this hender your recovery!

PT

#4... wow, I hope you're kidding.

JMJ

A medical setting is one place everyone should expect confidentiality. Plus it is against the law to divulge info & comes with a hefty fine, what the hell ails the "rat."

Nancy "O"

Brooke's rights tp privacy were diminished the moment she picked up the phone and called the police, (all at taxpayer's expense). She opened up a window and the prosecutor is now proceeding (at taxpayers expense). Perhaps the taxpayers could also purchase a box of kleenex for this crackhead!

chicken head

good girl!!
rehab is for losers only-

Annom Woman

I hope they make an example of those who helped leak this info.

I am very pleased to know that TMZ has chosen not to reveal that they have received.

We have to right to this info.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments