'Growing Pains' Star Once Ran for His Life

2/24/2010 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Weeks before Andrew Koenig went missing, the "Growing Pains" star posted a video on his YouTube account about going on the run.

Andrew Koenig: Click to watch
In the vid "Run for Your Life", shot a few years ago but uploaded last month, Koenig can be heard saying "I wanted out ... but getting out, it wasn't easy" -- all while evading spies in what he called a "spoof of shows like Alias and 24."

As we previously reported, Koenig was last seen February 14.

michaelacarterallen

am i the only one who is starting to think this is kinda fishy? i havent read any other posts, but um, idk about this one....

April N.

WTF is this about? Has this guy "staged" his own disappearance in an attempt to manipulate the "media" (especially TMZ) into driving some hype about himself? How original! When your career is on the skids kidnap yourself and stage a comeback!

Lisa

Number 2..Yeah I'm kinda thinking that too. It's all weird. He sold his things, gave his landlord 30 days notice and waited for his security, gave his friend his personal things back, left his neighbor a letter about his bed in the wall and how it's dusty.
I hope it's not all a hoax on his part.

Particleman

This video was RE-POSTED a month ago. It was originally posted over 2 years ago. Andrew just switched it to another youtube account. It's not newly posted.

Angela

Has anyone considered the possibility that this guy is following the same or maybe similar path of the young man characterized in the 2007 movie In To The Wild?? The more I read on this story the more it seems a possibility...

Earthling

Good point only that guy died and I don't think Andrew is capable of surviving in the woods in the middle of a Canadian winter unless he spent all the money he made from selling his stuff on buying heavy duty serious winter camping supplies. There are lots of bears and wild animals in Canada in addition to it being really cold. Even Chris from Into the Wild told lots of people of his plan. I think all signs point to a suicide and I think he's in the waters somewhere surrounding Vancouver. I hope it's not so.

Echo

I think he could be setting all this up, but I also think he is creative and has a fun sense of humor. I hope he is ok. I don't care if this is a set up, good for him for taking control of his own situation. (hopefully)

billyhohoho613

I think it's 65 degrees in Vancouver today. I hope he at least brought a spring jacket...BONER!!!

Cant Watch

He's really handsome and talented. He kind of looks like Dr. Jim Sears on The Doctors.

I hope he's alive and okay. There's so much stigma around depression, maybe he just needs a break. I don't think he's going to commit suicide. Maybe he wanted to escape his entourage who's constantly checking up on him and worrying too much.

shuffler

If he really wanted death he'd choose marriage and a nagging wife, no?

ginny

so let the fool go where he wants to...

who cares??

Bodie Drake

ginny: guaranteed, many more people care about Andrew than care about you,