Warrant Issued for Former Warrant Singer

3/3/2010 2:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The singer responsible for "Cherry Pie" is a wanted man once again -- but this time it's a judge who wants an audience with him instead of a bunch of groupies that reek of Vidal Sassoon hairspray.

TMZ has learned a warrant was ironically issued for former Warrant singer Jani Lane last week, after he failed to show up to two court appearances connected to his 2009 DUI conviction.

We're told Lane was scheduled to appear in court on February 23 to show the judge he's completed his alcohol classes and community service -- but he never showed.

The court date was rescheduled for February 24 ... but Lane missed that one too.

We spoke to Lane's lawyer, who says the singer has been in the hospital and won't be able to make it to court until next week.

As for why he's in the hospital ... no word.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

The roof! The Roof! The roof is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

I need to be first all the time, otherwise I slit my wrists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh

Dear Lord, time hasn't been on Jani's side. He looks awful.

Ben

Yikes, I thought that was Phil Donahue! And that gorgeous girl/wife that was in the 'Cherry Pie' video; forgot her name, but she looks rough, too...geez

Dirt Burger

I would like to see a remake " She's my DUI!" it could be a catchy tune. I saw his has been wife Bobbie Brown or whatever her name was on Blind date a few years ago. She looked about as bad as he did.

Stephanie

I just saw him at a bar in Vegas last week performing druck as hell... I have pictures!!! Hospital my ass!!!

Jerry Martin

Hospital my ass. I bet the he was too drunk to show up.

Ames

Heeellloooo TMZ, get your facts straight. Any groupie of his would reek of Aqua Net! Do you not remember 80s hair metal?

Heather

WTH happened to him (maybe it's the booze) - yikes!

joeschmoe

I fail to see the irony

JunkDawg

It's funny reading on how ya'll talk crap about someone's looks.
I bet most of you guys are fat as F^$^@!

Charcarr

That is a hilarious headline!! Good one! :)

VictoriaL

I love how everyone "hits" someone at their lowest. Just like "Junkdawg said" you are all probably bald, fat, out of shape and sittin' at the computer ready to hit the key on the next "Fallen singer/actor. I know for fact that Alcoholism is a disease not a choice. He needs help not slander and put downs. & yes, he's my Brother and I'm scared he won't be around, thank you all for letting me know that!

LA Women

The sad truth is Jani is basically, Knocking on Heaven's door. I am very close to him and just want to say he has battled addiction all of his adult life. He is a fighter but has given up the fight a few years ago. Along with fame and money comes people in need. In need of what ever you have to offer them.. Being an addict this is a bad combo. It is a vicious and deadly cycle. They don't care about your well being and take and give you your drug of choice keeping you in a state where they can control you. Yes he can stop this but why he is an addict and the addiction is being fed and is stronger then he is. Jani is a when in his right frame of mind is a loving, caring, giving, person. He has to be strong and move on. He was drunk in Vegas after is mess of a show and didn't return for his court date. Then was in the ER battling for his life. Now he know what to do. Will he? Hopefully he will seek out the decent and few people he still knows and get some help and go to his meetings! Dr. Drew has been his doctor and is just a phone call a way and he knows that. Addiction kills... It wounds children he has two lovely daughter's who read these blogs. Please have a heart. This is a man he is a person not someone to make a joke of!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments