Captain Sully -- The Heroics Never Stop

3/5/2010 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Captain Sully will no longer be saving lives at high altitudes -- he's now protecting people at ground level.

Sully: Click to watch
We got the greatest airline pilot ever -- one day after his retirement from flying at LaGuardia Airport -- as he maneuvered his driver and our cameraman away from oncoming traffic.

Just another day for SUUUUULLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

THINK TANK

He stuck the landing!.Even Howard Hughes couldn`t outfly sully and he will be forever remembered NOT for flying 10,000`s safe air hours but for that UNREAL landing

LAWRENCE

Jesus may have been able to walk on water but he couldn't land a jumbo jet on it. Sully is the man.

marge

Just another great, brave, competent conservative Republican.

C'mon TMZ

Those damn Canadian Geese!

lindsay

not to diminish what he did when he landed that plane, but he's not the greatest pilot ever for doing so. birdstrikes are quite common in aviation. sully only did what he was trained to do--it wasn't a miracle. planes are landed after birdstrikes more often than not, you just don't hear about them every day.

Paula Duvall

How I love this man! In an era when there are simply NO HEROES...except for, in my opinion, law enforcement officers...Capt. Sullenberger has the luster of a super-nova! If I had my druthers, it would be Sully, who occupies the White House...and, who mans the desk of the Oval Office! When I went to Europe, last January, I hoped that every pilot that I had, round-trip, would be as skilled, and professional, as Capt. Sullenberger!After reading the tripe that passes for "journalism", these days, Capt. Sullenberger is one of the few, who has restored my faith in "people", and in this country, in general. He is an Angel, and, for me, it is a privilege to live, contemporaneously, with him...

LAWRENCE

Had Sully been a pilot of a hijacked plane on 9/11 he would not of only landed his plane safely but the other four as well. Sully is to fighting as Chuck Norris is to kicking tail.

Mary

Certainly not to demean his heroism but it is time for him to go into retirement (out of the press) now that he is likely super rich from the fame. On an every day basis, pilots and flight attendants perform heroic acts and, yet, we don't hear about them.

If he weren't a conservative Republican, his fame would not have lasted this long.

jm

I love this guy - I need more 'real' heroes in my life.

Rather be an Athiest

The geese are not "Canadian." But, they are Canada Geese.

moveover

You can tell that the whole time Sully's listening to this idiot babble, he's thinking (like everyone else) .... "what an annoying moron. I wish he'd go away."

Cappy Lills Kid

#3 JUNE

SULLY is another great, brave, heroic AMERICAN.

GEEZ Do you people have to politicize EVERYTHING????

gwb1000

Sully's the greatest! We love him! Happy retirement!

Jasmine

MOVING ON!! I'm sick of hearing about this old hag!! Okay he saved a whole plane full off passengers WOO HOO THE END. There is probably more heroic acts that happened yesterday but the media isn't publishing that are they?!?! There is more important stories to discuss than something that happened LAST YEAR!!!!

Terri

Captain Sully for president!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments